Cannot file VAT Online - Credentials Failed Validation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot file VAT Online - Credentials Failed Validation

I am unable to file VAT online in spite of having done this successfully for well over a year now. The error is "Authentication Failure. The supplied user credentials failed validation for the requested service."

My credentials haven't changed, and in fact I can use the same credentials to log into the Government Gateway website. I called HMRC. The support guy said they had received a number of similar complaints, both from QB users as well as Sage users. To me, that says the problem is at HMRC's end, although I could not get the HMRC man to concede that point. His suggestion was to keep trying for a few days or to file manually.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes - then I started getting the messages in QB saying that it would no longer support online services as the software is 3+ years old (QB Premier 2015).

Filing the VAT is the only online service I was using so I just do that directly on HMRC site now.

Comment

You need a separate Vat filer program which compliments the new HMRC MTD software. I had the same problem last quarter. In my case i use Vat filer as an add on from Taxcalc, but I believe there are various alternatives. Im using an old verion of QB pro 2013. It does mean that I need to export the Vat100 form as a file which i then find by browsing within Taxcalc. It sounds complicated but it is only about 6 or eight hits on the keyboard in total.

Comment

I had the same issue as well. I got software that filed the VAT into the HMRC. You can try using MTD bridging software to solve your problem.
        It costs a little but is worth it.

Comment

Working...
        X