No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I did 1099s, I cann't find anything in help, to print 1096. Can even print 1096 from quickbooks pro? If I cann't do it from quickbooks, from where can I print it?

thanks

I don't know of anything in QuickBooks that will print the 1096. So...I went to Word and just played around with the spacing until I had everything lined up and I just changed the amounts each year and use that for my template to print the 1096. A lot of detail work just to come up with something that should or could be a part of the QuickBooks program just as the W-3 is, right?
    But that was my solution.
    Linda

Comment

thanks, for that suggestion. Using word and doing it is hard. I was able to do it different way and it was little easier. If anyone is interested in this here are the details:

I scanned the 1096 and made the form as an image and inserted it in powerpoint and send the picture to back. Then I placed the text boxes where ever I wanted and then inserted the text. One important thing when you print don't forget to delete the image in the back. This worked good for me and it was real easy for me.

jyothi

Comment

I am disappointed that QB does not offer the printing of either the 1096 or the W-3.
        I have used the old fasioned typewriter.
        I have heard that the IRS web-site has forms that you can actually input to and print while online. This would be another option.

Comment

Lindah
          Would you be willing to share your 1096 template?

Comment

1096 TEMPLATE

I'm not sure my "template" would be that accurate for you. It was a little off from 2001 to this year's (2002) 1096 form. I'm not sure how to save it in a template form so that the fields won't move. And each time you make an entry into a field, if it is longer than what I had to use, then it moves the fields next to it.
            So it is just a jerry rigged thing for my use and probably wouldn't be of much use to you.
            Linda

Comment

Working...
            X