Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payments not matching

Hope someone can help with this.

Downloaded bank payments from customers are not matching to open invoices. When I go to Bank Feeds -> 'Transaction List' and select 'find match', not only do I not see the current open invoices, I'm shown prior payments in that window.

What am I doing wrong?

Did you resolve this?

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest Allen View Post
      Did you resolve this?
      Regretfully, no. And I'm approaching the end of the month and need to close out. Hope someone can help!

Comment

I don't know the answer but I have some thoughts. Are all of the transactions posting to the same AR account (the QB designated AR account)? Is there a date filter option? I'd probably have to see screenshots to get a good understanding.

Comment

Untitled-1.jpg
          Untitled-2.jpg

Comment

I was hoping that something in the screenshots would trigger a thought but it hasn't. Do those old transactions show as reconciled when you review in your register? Are the invoices that were supposedly matched previously showing as paid still in the customer center?

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest Allen View Post
              I was hoping that something in the screenshots would trigger a thought but it hasn't. Do those old transactions show as reconciled when you review in your register? Are the invoices that were supposedly matched previously showing as paid still in the customer center?
              Is it possible that the problem is with how the downloaded items are coded? In the online banking center, they show as DEP not CHK. Could that be the issue?

Comment

If money was received from your customer and applied against an open invoice, it should be recorded as DEP I believe, and CHK should be outgoing payments.
                Have you tried recording the payments from customers manually and then matching? If you are currently letting the download match against open invoices, then perhaps recording the payment and letting the download match against that would help.

Comment

Working...
                X