Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memorised transactions versus csv Bank statement download and import?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max-44
    replied
    Locate your PDF bank statement and click open.
    Once the conversion has completed, select CSV, Excel, XML or HTML from the drop down menu next to the 'Download as Excel' button.
    When the download is complete, click the arrow to show the download in your file explorer.

Leave a comment:

• Memorised transactions versus csv Bank statement download and import?

I work with a small UK charity which has recently migrated from QB Desktop to Online. In DT our regular income from donors was entered with the aid of memorised transactions. We would then interrogate these memorised transactions to identify which were uncleared and from this determine which donors may have lapsed during the month. Now we're using QBO I'm not sure that using memorised transactions is the best approach. Unfortunately our Bank doesn't talk directly to QBO so any importing may have to be done with a csv file.

I'm just wondering if importing the Bank transactions would be more effective than using memorised transactions and would be interested to know what others think. The reconciliation of expected against actual donors could be done manually. That said, I'm not even sure that the memorised transactions in QBDT have found their way into QBO!
Working...
X