c=43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c=43

During payroll yesterday a "fatal error" showed up. Does anyone know anything about this? Like what do we need to do to get rid of it?

If you are on a network copy the company file to your on PC then run the verify and rebuild on the file.

Let me know if that works.

Dave
    Dave
    Mammoth, AZ USA

Comment

network copy?

not on a network copy. I tried to verify the integrity of data (as instructed in fatal error) and it did not work. and what does C=43 mean?
      Last edited by Cyndy; 10-03-2003, 04:25 PM.

Comment

It is trying to read a transaction in your company database, but can't because of data integrity problems.

Try rebuilding.

If that doesn't work, you can restore your last good backup, or get your data repaired.
        Shannon Tucker
        email: tucker at accountingusers.com

Comment

Shannon is right... C=43 basically means data corruption.

Just make sure you copy the file to which ever PC you run the rebuild from, it will remind you if you forget.
          Dave
          Mammoth, AZ USA

Comment

thanks for your help

Thanks - I'll try rebuilding in the morning.

By the way, how does data become corrupt? Is there a utility I should be running? Or is there a typical way to corrupt data? I'd like to avoid it in the future.
            Last edited by Cyndy; 10-04-2003, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Data damage is typically caused when a computer either locks up or is forcibly shut down while working in QuickBooks. Anyhing that interrupts the transfer of data between the program and the data file itself. It is a lot more common with multiuser setups that are on a network.
              Dave
              Mammoth, AZ USA

Comment

Network blips, power blips, Windows blips...all can cause result in damaged data.

The following can help:

* Use same kind of network cards on all your workstations
                * Frequently defrag your server's hard drive
                * Plug your server and wkstations into UPS's
                * Upgrade from Windows 95, 98, ME, and XP home editions to Win 2000 or XP Professional.

Viruses and hard drive media problems cause problems sometimes. Also, it is good to exit QB before powering down the PC
                Shannon Tucker
                email: tucker at accountingusers.com

Comment

I like that last comment
                  Oleg | Certified QuickBooks Pro/Premier/Enterprise/ Point of Sale ProAdvisor
                  (800) 609-0788 | http://qbooksconsulting.com/
                  VERY SIZABLE DISCOUNTS ON QUICKBOOKS ENTERPRISE AND POINT OF SALE SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE!

Comment

Working...
                  X