Sales Tax Groups (Accountant Desktop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales Tax Groups (Accountant Desktop)

I created a sales tax group. I used Item-New. I choose type-Sales Tax Group. I named the group-Texas. Description-Sales Tax Texas. I added 3 tax items, State Tax (6.25%), City Tax (1.0%), and MTA Tax (1.0%). Clicked OK

Each one of the individual items show-up in the Service list in invoices.

However, the group does not show up in the Service list in invoices.

I have multiple tax rates and enter subtotals and tax rate in the body of the invoice.
    Last edited by kcardwell; 06-26-2019, 05:29 PM.

I can't quite picture what this means

Each one of the individual items show-up in the Service list in invoices.

However, the group does not show up in the Service list in invoices.

could you explain

Comment

I have multiple sales taxes. In order to enter multiple sales taxes, I set the tax at the bottom of the invoice to 0%. Then I enter all of the line items/services that are taxed at 80%, then I enter "line item/service" subtotal, then I enter "line item/service" Texas 80% (6.6%). Then I enter all of the line items/services that are taxed at 100%, subtotal, tax.

When the cursor is in services in the body of the invoice, the dropdown menu has "total taxable (subtotal)", and the 2 sales tax items, Texas 100% and Texas 80%. However, the sales tax group does not appear in the dropdown menu.

Is the only way to use sales tax groups is tax at the bottom of the invoice?

In Texas, the first 20% of Data Processing and Information Services are not taxed. Then I have state tax (6.25%), city tax (1%), and MTA tax (1%).

Comment

To start recording sales tax in QuickBooks Desktop, you need to turn on this feature and set up sales tax items or tax groups.
        Go to the Edit menu, then select Preferences.
        On the Preferences window, select Sales Tax then go to the Company Preferences tab.
        Select Yes to turn on sales tax.

Comment

Working...
        X