Using Sales Receipt Template to Record Daily Restaurant Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Sales Receipt Template to Record Daily Restaurant Sales

Greeting from Nova Scotia. I am new to this forum and I am also fairly new to Quickbooks. I am using Quickbooks Desktop Pro 2019 to maintain company records for my son's restaurant. It has been recommended to me by other restaurant owners and Quickbooks users to enter daily sales from the POS terminal using a Sales Receipt template. i had created a memorized Sales Receipt with all of the income/expense items that are required that can be used repeatedly with current date and sales amounts. All is created and working fine with one exception.
    I have a list item for Gift Cards Sold that is associated with the Liability Account called Gift Cards Outstanding. I have another list item called Gift Cards Redeemed that is associated with the Income Account called Gift Cards Redeemed. My question is this:
    When I enter an amount for the Gift Cards Sold today, the Liability Account is credited and when I enter an amount in the Gift Card Redeemed on another day, the income account is credited. How do I ensure that the Cash is debited when the Gift Card is sold and the liability is debited when it is redeemed? I know how to record the transactions using a Journal Entry but I don't know how to do the same thing using a Sales Receipt.
    I would appreciate any help you have to offer.
    We're in this Together; Stay Safe
    Canada Proud
    Nova Scotia Strong

See if this helps: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-...line/00/190607
    Lorin Browning, Ph. D.
    Fellow -- National Tax Practice Institute

Comment

Working...
    X