Quickbooks/Outlook Issue--GRR!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickbooks/Outlook Issue--GRR!!

I tried to email Sales Orders and Purchase Orders this morning and out of the blue, I get the following message:

"Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. The Microsoft Exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your profile to ensure that you are using the correct Microsoft Exchange information service."

Everything was working fine last night. My Outlook is working fine by itself as a standalone product so it must be a QB issue, not an Outlook issue. I do not want to create new profiles on Outlook as some QB "experts" has suggested because again, my Outlook is fine. Let me know if anyone has a suggestion on how I can fix this. I am using QB 2014 Premier M&F Wholesale if that helps.

I'm experiencing the same issue. Here is what has NOT worked to fix it:
    1) Creating a new Outlook profile
    2) Editing the registry with the ExcludeLastKnownGoodUrl keyword in Autodiscover settings
    3) Repairing Quickbooks installation
    4) Uninstall Quickbooks, reboot, install latest Windows 10 updates, reboot, Install Quickbooks

Issue persists. And like OP, Outlook works fine.

Comment

According to a chat that I had with Intuit support, this is an Outlook issue. Supposedly it has been reported. They offered me no help.

Comment

What ended up fixing the issue for me was uninstalling Office 2016, rebooting, and installing Office 2013. I was worried that the 2016 profile wouldn't be compatible with Outlook 2013, but Outlook opened correctly. I'm able to send email through Quickbooks to Outlook again.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

You are using QuickBooks 2014 and which Outlook version are you using?
            The software that you use cannot be forward compatible.
            Try using the Outlook older version.

Comment

Outlook started working for us again. We applied no fixes so I can only assume it was a non QB issue.

Comment

Working...
              X