Show Discounts Included in a Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Discounts Included in a Payment

Our customers send 1 payment to cover several invoices (often times several dozen invoices) and each invoice is subject to varying discounts. Is there a way to print out the complete history of the payment which shows the amount of discount applied to each invoice as well as the amount of the deposit applied to each invoice?

"Transaction History" for the payment shows all the invoices the payment applied to and how much of the deposit amount was applied to each invoice; however it does not show the discounts that were applied with the payment to each invoice.

Does my description make sense, or should I give an example?
    Last edited by JeffW012; 08-10-2017, 03:33 PM.

I do not have QB handy to check but are you entering the invoice discount using a credit memo that you apply in receive payments? I think that would show

Comment

Unfortunately, our practice has been to record nearly all deductions as some time of "Discount" in the payment screen.

Comment

That is the issue, the discount on the payment screen does bypass reporting for some strange reason, try using a credit memo and see how that works

Comment

Working...
        X