Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuickBooks errors and Blue Screen System Freeze NEED HELP

Hello,

Does anyone have these type of errors on their Windows 7 64-bits using QuickBooks 2012:

We recently upgrade QuickBooks 2012 to a new PC running Windows 7 64-bits and we are encountering
    these numerous error log in event log windows and it freeze up the system to unresponsive that
    we have to do a hard reboot the PC. Anyone have a solution please help me out. Thanks you.

1) An unexpected error has occured in "QuickBooks": Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle
    Event ID: 4, Level: Error

2) An unexpected error has occured in "QuickBooks":
    QBDBPF log Monitor Service seems is running but not listening on the required port

3) An unepected error has occured in "QuickBooks: Premier Manufacturing and Wholesale Edition 2012":
    Got unexpected error 5 in call NetshareGetInfo for pat \\file location\

4) An unexpected error has occured in "QuickBooks": Unknown status code: 314

The windows event log ID show all this error keep repeating up on the list and it all QuickBooks.
    Anyone know what is the issue and how to solve this? If you need any more info, I will
    do my best to get them for you.

Thanks

Cong

I run 12, 13 and 14 on win7 x64 with no problems (knock wood)

I honestly have very little to offer, but
    1. uninstall QB using the control panel, programs and features
    2. update the windows NET program, run windows update
    3. go here and scroll down and download and install the clean install utility, then run that utility
    http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com...icles/inf23986
    4. turn off the computer, off not a restart, turn it on and try installing again

Comment

Hi Rustler,

We call QuickBooks tech support and what they did was just remove .NET 4.5.1 from our system and he reinstalled .NET 4.0 back into our system and so far no complain yet... I ask him to do a follow with us today and 2nd on Friday to see if we see any more problem. But one error still showing repeatedly and so far the system seem to be functioning fine. I will update with you later if this does solve the problem that we had. This is the error that is still repeating: An unexpected error has occured in "QuickBooks": Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle

BYE

Comment

Thanks for the update, I just checked mine and I have 2.0.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4 and 4.0

I have no idea why there is a 4 and 4.0

Comment

Hi Rustler,

Just check the user who use QuickBooks 2012 on Windows 7 64-bits, so far no problem so I guess the problem was due to that .NET Framework 4.5.1 that causing the issue. Anyway, I did check on microsoft website and yet there is .NET Framework 4.0 : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=17851

Oh... this error show on the event viewer during the system startup process: An unexpected error has occured in "QuickBooks": Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle . Since the system is now behave well, I can close this case.

Just an update for you and anyone who encounter the same problem we have. Take care.

Comment

Thanks for the update

Comment

In the past, I have seen .NET cause strange issues.
              I had the user uninstall ALL versions then restart the OPC and install the latest version of .NET. Just uninstalling the latest version and reinstalling did not work on some PCs until they removed and restarted the PC before reinstalling .NET.
              Joe Williams
              joewilliams@wavelinx.net
              Piedmont, Ok

Comment

Working...
              X