Startup Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Startup Interview

Is there any way for me to review the startup interview that my client took when she set up Quickbooks last week? I'm concerned that she unknowingly chose some wrong options, as she is not an accountant.
    Also, would I be able to change some of her options if I determine that they were incorrect?

Not if the set-up interview was completed.
    Your best bet is to check the "Preferences" (From the "Edit" dropdown menu along top toolbar) as this will show you what options have been chosen.
    Look on both the "My Preferences" & "Company Preferences" tabs under each category icon.
    Shaz Hughes (Dip)Fin ACQ NSW, MICB
    Accredited Reckon Professional Partner
    Registered BAS Agent
    Bookkeeper / Tax Consultant
    Accounted 4 Bookkeeping Services

Email: [email]shazinoz2@bigpond.com[/email] / [email]shaz@accounted4bs.com[/email]
    Web: [url]www.accounted4bs.com[/url]

Comment

To clarify, the interview doesn't have access to anything that you can't change from within QB after it's set up. You don't even have to use the interview at all. So look at the chart of accounts, company info, tax settings and preferences, and you can make things as they should be.
      Joyce Beck
      joyce@pc-firstaid.com
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Accounting and bookkeeping support, QuickBooks Pro Advisor
      Home and small business computer services in Northampton, UK

Comment

Thank you to both of you for your replies.
        If i need to change any preferences, will it grandfather in any transactions that had been made under the old preferences?

Comment

It shouldn't do. If it's relevant, when you do change a particular preference or setting 'on the fly', usually QB will actually ask you if you want that change to affect prior transactions & you can click on "Yes" or "No".
          Shaz Hughes (Dip)Fin ACQ NSW, MICB
          Accredited Reckon Professional Partner
          Registered BAS Agent
          Bookkeeper / Tax Consultant
          Accounted 4 Bookkeeping Services

Email: [email]shazinoz2@bigpond.com[/email] / [email]shaz@accounted4bs.com[/email]
          Web: [url]www.accounted4bs.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
          X