Pending builds warning message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending builds warning message

I recently went in to split a line item on a PO that had already been billed but received the warning message that it would put builds into Pending status. The items on the PO have not yet been received, so they are not yet in inventory and could not be used in any builds yet. Is the warning message a default message whether or not any builds would actually be affected? Changing the build status to Pending messes with inventory so we don't want that to happen. I was hoping to split the line item to reflect anticipated dock dates for the order. Some will be expedited, some will not be, and there is a difference of about 5-8 weeks. We use dock dates for inventory planning to anticipate reorder times.

on a PO that had already been billed but received

Since the PO as received and entered as a bill, if that is what you mean by the above, yes splitting the lines will cause pending assemblies

Comment

"I recently went in to split a line item on a PO that had already been billed but received the warning message that it would put builds into Pending status" This was the entire statement. It looks like I missed a comma in there, making the intent of the statement a little more confusing. The PO had been billed but had not been received yet. I received the warning message.

Comment

Originally posted by John S View Post
        "I recently went in to split a line item on a PO that had already been billed but received the warning message that it would put builds into Pending status" This was the entire statement. It looks like I missed a comma in there, making the intent of the statement a little more confusing. The PO had been billed but had not been received yet. I received the warning message.
        the bill is a receipt, regardless of the physical reality - just the way QB works.

Comment

Thanks Rustler. That is odd. It kind of messes with things (or creates extra work) when you do business with overseas vendors and your terms require payment in full prior to shipping. I guess I will just have to deal with it or look for other work-arounds.

Comment

Originally posted by John S View Post
            Thanks Rustler. That is odd. It kind of messes with things (or creates extra work) when you do business with overseas vendors and your terms require payment in full prior to shipping. I guess I will just have to deal with it or look for other work-arounds.
            When you have to make an advance payment, deposit, whatever - make it payable to the vendor and use accounts payable as the expense (reason) account, that will set a credit with the vendor. When the items comes in enter the bill and apply the credit, then pay the balance if any

Comment

Working...
            X