Inventory issue on premier desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventory issue on premier desktop

I am trying to update my Items list so that my reports are easier to run and review. But I am stumbling over how to do this.

I create and sell Crochet patterns and books. I sell them in both print and in digital formats. I sell them direct to the customer and wholesale in the following ways:
    1. retail on my own website (both print [inventory] and digital [non-inventory])
    2. wholesale on my own website (both print [inventory] and digital [non-inventory])
    3. wholesale through a distributor (just print [inventory])
    4. retail on sites such as Amazon and IngramSpark for books (both print and digital [both non-inventory because they are POD for books])
    Is there a way to set up the products so I can track inventory correctly but structure it like the following:

Pattern/Book X
    Retail
    Digital (non-inventory)
    Print (inventory)
    Wholesale
    Digital (non-inventory)
    Print (inventory)
    Other platforms
    Digital (non-inventory)
    Print (non-inventory)

Karen
    http://www.karenwhooley.com

No not really

retail, wholesale and other should be classes in my view, then you can report on those classes as needed. Using a class you tag the transaction line item (or the whole transaction), and then you can run either a P&L by class, or just a class report from the menu lists>classes

In QB inventory items are unique, print that you sell is one item per type of book, how you sell it has nothing to do with stockage

Comment

Working...
    X