Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Editing/Removing Bin Locations for a Part No./Product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing/Removing Bin Locations for a Part No./Product?

Using QB Desktop Enterprise Solutions: Manufacturing and Wholesale ver. 17.0 - multiple users.

Query: Have many products that have multiple bin locations assigned to it from the same site. We want to consolidate all inventory counts to a single bin location, and remove references to the other bin locations assigned to that part number - without deleting the bin location from the Site for the whole company.

Case in point: I have a part number that, in "Inventory Center" in the "Bins" tab, it is showing the product in three bin locations. However, we want to assign a SINGLE location for ALL the inventory, then remove the other two bin locations so when Purchase Orders are received OR when a salesperson goes to put that product into a sales order, it will automatically use that ONE bin location AND, not give said salesperson the option to select another bin location. We want to have the system add/remove from ONE location for that product all the time.

ADDITIONALLY: once we have that corrected, is there any way to make Quickbooks change all recorded estimates, sales orders and invoices, that may have multiple locations for that one product, switch to the new, consolidated bin location, so that all transactions in the system from various customers, will record and pull from the ONE location (without having to open every, single Estimate, Sales Order and Invoice, and change each bin location for each product)?

Under the menu lists, select add/edit multiple items,
    top left select inventory, click customize columns, find the bin field on the left and add it to the right
    replace the bin number as needed
    in this list a right click and selecting copy down, will copy whatever is in the cell clicked on all the way to the bottom

You last question about historical entries, it should but I am not 100% sure

Comment

Rustler - Thank you very much. I will try that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustler View Post
        Under the menu lists, select add/edit multiple items,
        top left select inventory, click customize columns, find the bin field on the left and add it to the right
        replace the bin number as needed
        in this list a right click and selecting copy down, will copy whatever is in the cell clicked on all the way to the bottom

You last question about historical entries, it should but I am not 100% sure
        The ONLY thing I seem to be able to do is assign a default Bin location for SALES and PURCHASES. I am unable to remove non-used bin locations from the part number, and I don't see about doing a global "single-bin"/"Relocation" for past sales/invoices, etc.

Is there a way I can "lock-out" those bin locations for the Part number? So if one tries to use the Bin location listed, it will cause an "error" so that you have to select another bin location (the default). Is it possible??

Comment

Sales and purchases?

Bin, in my QB is an item custom field I would have thought it would be in yours too, no?

I just tried mine, I can click in the cell under bin for an item and change or delete it.
          Did you use customize to add Bin to the display?

Would you describe in detail what is going on

Comment

Working...
          X