Quickbooks Accountant Desktop vs QB Premier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickbooks Accountant Desktop vs QB Premier

Is it possible to operate a bookkeeping/accounting business using QB Premier instead of the Accountant's version. I see the Accountant's version is $349 for the first year, but then I wonder what renewal price you get stuck in?

Post from 2017. Okay. I prefer the Desktop Accountant version (pay for the software once rather than annually) rather than the subscription model. I think it would be more difficult to adjust a client's books with the Premier version, probably wouldn't be possible unless you and the client have the exact same version of QB. You'd have to use the client's software, I would think, to make changes to their file if your QB version is different

For those that rely on you as their bookkeeper, rather than having a bookkeeper in house, Premier might work fine. However I'm told that you have to have the same year version of QB to make adjustments to a client's file. When just starting out it would be wise to purchase the current year's version of the Accountant edition, IMO, then purchase the Accountant version of whatever year your first client uses, also. (assuming it is a different year) Over several months the revenue from that client will give you the cash needed to fund other years' versions if needed with new clients. It's always something, eh?

This is what I know at present. I'll wait for others input to see if my knowledge needs updating.
    Last edited by Donatmontana; 01-06-2020, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X