Advertise    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Forum

Old 03-24-2004, 03:28 PM

Unhappy entering budget amounts

hello everyone, first time user. big problem. my exec. dir. wants to do budgets. he gave me the numbers, i entered them in "set up budgets", i then go to reports and I get blank ones. help. where did they go or how do i enter so they will show up? i have quickbooks pro 2002
Old 03-25-2004, 02:12 AM

It's hard to say without knowing how you set up the budget. On the Set up budget screen you first have to select the correct accounting period. Then you select the first income account and to the right of it you enter the numbers for each month and click the Save button. Then you select the next income account and enter each month's numbers in the fields to the right and click Save. Then you select the next income account and so on. Then you have to do the same for each expense account. Make sure that the correct accounting year is shown in the top field. Once you have all income and all expenses for each month entered, you can run the Profit & Loss Budget Overview report and it should show the numbers. Make sure the date range box at the top left is set to This Fiscal Year if you selected this year's accounting period on the budget setup screen.