Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks UK Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-05-2003, 09:40 AM

Foreign currency register

I've already complained about this in the Quickbooks Pro forum, but since it's a multicurrency issue, I thought I should enter it also in the UK forum.

I bought the 2003 version because the website states that "Users now have the ability to make entries in foreign currency registers". However, when you t ry to actually do this, you get a message telling you that you CAN'T enter a transaction directly to a foreign currency register.

DUH!

Also, the website says there is "enhanced class tracking". Frankly I see no enhancement to this.

Seems like this is essentially false advertising. You can't really call the foreign register issue a "bug" since they are advertising it as a FEATURE!!!

Anyone else been upset by this?
Old 11-05-2003, 05:07 PM

Hi deedee
Can you explain in more detail what entries you are trying to make.
Things are not as "duh" as you think I hope!
I believe the multi-currency features are quite good but essentially they just allow foriegn currency bank accounts and purchase and sales and their ledgers. Unfortunately not a foriegn currency nominal ledger.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:44 AM

for example...

For example, I mainly do electronic payments, therefore there is no check to enter. I want to be able to enter the payment directly to the register. Also, we have petty cash in a different currency than our home currency. Again, I would prefer to enter directly to the register rather than having to record it as a check.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:27 PM

Hi deedee
1) If the payments are to suppliers that you maintain on a foriegn currency payables ledger you can enter the payments in the pay bills routine. Make sure you select the right foriegn currency payables ledger and the right foriegn currency bank account and exchange rate. It will look as though you are writing a cheque but you don't have to print it!
2) If you are paying overheads & bank charges etc enter the payments as cheques and allocate as expenses not items. The latter is for payment of stock items.
3) It is true that unlike entering home currency payments you cannot do this directly on to a foriegn currency bank register. It rather threw me when I first came up against this. Not sure why you can't but obviously complex things are happening behind the scenes with multi-currency systems.

I hope this works for you it does for me!