Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > Welcome and Info > Getting Acquainted - Introductions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 08:09 PM

New to QB new owner operator trucking business.

Hello,

I have a new owner operator super 10 Dump Truck business, only one truck and only one driver at this time, me. I run locally not more than 200 miles from home. normally delivering aggregates to construction sites. I have created my business in Quickbooks as a service business.

I have been tracking all of my transactions very closely on my excel sheets and decided to move up to quickbooks. I am running 2010 pro looking to upgrade soon.

I bought the truck in the end of march and started working it in April, so I am having to go back and put in all the historical data up to date. I have been pretty successful so far setting up my customers and creating the invoices for them. I have also entered in all daily mileages.

I am confused on how to list fuel purchases, cogs vs expense? and several other aspects of using quickbooks as I am new to accounting for a business as well.

I am doing a lot of reading and look forward to being a part of this community and the resources it provides.