Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Mac Forum

Old 02-26-2013, 08:22 PM

Question Unbilled Costs Report

Hi,
On QuickBooks for Mac 2013, I recently ran an Unbilled Costs by Job report which showed me items that had been received into inventory and marked as billable to a specific customer, but were never actually billed. I cleaned all that up using the report.

Today by accident I discovered two customers with unbilled items which were not current. I ran the report again and it shows nothing unbilled. So my question is why were these things not showing up on the report? The report was for all dates. The first time I ran it there were several dozen items that had accumulated over 8 years, all of which I cleaned up. Now I am wondering if there are other unbilled items which didn't get reported. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westone View Post
Today by accident I discovered two customers with unbilled items which were not current.
Where did you find these?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:03 PM

When I was invoicing. After I had billed all current time for each, I noticed the Add Time / Costs button was still active at the top of the invoice, and I checked the the other tabs.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:46 PM

Are these time, item or expense entries?
Old 02-27-2013, 07:51 PM

98% of the time I am billing time. But it was Items that needed cleaning up, and Items that I discovered that were not showing up on the report. As I indicated before, dozens of Items left unbilled had shown up on the report before. I cannot identify any difference between the unreported Items and the ones that were reported.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 PM

When reports don't display as expected this is usually due to list damage. With your chart of accounts open select edit>resort list. Re-check your report.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:32 AM

Okay, did that, the list did resort, and the report still shows nothing when there is current billable time for a client I intentionally left unbilled to test the report.

It's not a huge problem, I was just making an effort to get my books tidied up, but it would be nice to feel like I could rely on what the reports are telling me.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:06 PM

Then from quickbooks>quickbooks feedback submit a bug report. You might also try file>utilities>verify data and rebuild data.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:23 PM

That is good advice. Verification reported problems so I backed up and rebuilt, several times until Verification reports no problems.

Still the report shows no results. So let me be certain I understand correctly. Originally it was Items that I was hunting for (received into inventory as billable to specific clients) and a couple of Items that I found that were not showing up on the report. Now it is billable Time I am using to test the report. Billable Items, Time, Mileage and Expenses should show up on the Unbilled Costs by Job report correct? As I said earlier several dozen Items from past years initially showed up on it and I cleaned them all up.

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:40 PM

Yes these should show on your report. To be certain this is not related to your names list, go to write checks enter command+L in the pay to field, select edit>restore list. If the problem persist after this that's all we can do, submitt a bug report.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:10 PM

You really know your way around QuickBooks Mac.

Did as suggested and no change in the report. Will submit the bug report.

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:49 PM

You're welcome.