Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Australia / Reckon Accounts Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 07:59 PM

Question Emailing Multiple invoices to one customer

I need help from the QB gurus! Is there a way to email more than 1 invoice to one customer without having to have separate emails? For example; I had to email 4 invoices plus a statement to one customer. This resulted in 5 emails (which are then sent to outlook). I tried to cut and paste the attachment into one email but that didn't work. I am using premier 11-12. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-15-2012, 06:16 PM

You can add multiple email addresses separated by a colon through the Customer Centre if you want to email every invoice to all eg. email address; email address; email address.

If you just want to do one invoice to several, instead of clicking on Email, click on the down arrow and Email Batch. Click on Edit Email, you can then add the cc'd email addresses before the email is sent. Click on No when it asks you if you want to add the addresses.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:07 PM

Thanks Delana, but what I want to do is sent multiple invoices to one customer in one email. At present, I have to send each invoice individually
Old 05-15-2012, 07:34 PM

Sorry for misunderstanding you.

When we create invoices we save them as a PDF.

File - Save as PDF

Saving them separately on the hard drive. Then email them directly from Outlook with multiple PDF invoices in one email.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:27 PM

Hi, yes this is a prob, I also save them all to pdf in a folder on the desktop, (I do not have my email sending and collecting automatically I do that manually), I then do the statement and send to email, then go to outlook and open the email and attach all the invoices to the same email that the statement is in, this is an absolute pain and quickbooks needs to address it, I complained about this on several occasions and started doing this several years ago, but alas no response from quickbooks I think they cannot get their heads around this ridiculas prob, it is particularly bad when you have 15 or more invoices to the one client,

COME ON QUICKBOOKS GET ON WITH IT
Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 PM

I would like to be able to make bulk emails also to indivdual client without having to save to the computer then email from outlook - I do not have that kind of time to waste.

Why can't the system automatically identify all invoices / statements with the same client and email them together?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:12 AM

Emailing Multiple invoices to one customer

Has anyone been able to find any other alternative to this process other than saving each invoice to a PDF file? That is a very time consuming process depending on the number of customers.

THANKS!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:51 PM

Look what I found this works
When sending invoices in a batch, each invoice creates an individual email. This is a product limitation. QuickBooks is designed to send one invoice per email, even if the email address is the same.

But as a workaround you can check the checkbox for 'to be printed' on every invoices, and once you're ready to email those invoices to your cient. You can go File menu, then select Print forms, then select invoices. A window that contains a list of all to be printed invoices will open. Check off all invoices you want to email your client, Click OK, the Print invoice window will open, Click on the drop down arrow under the printer name and select Adobe PDF then click Print. It will then ask you where you want to save the file. You can save it on your desktop or anywhere you can easily access it from. It will the save it as 1 pdf file that has all the invoices. you can now attach that invoice to an email to your client using Outlook or other email provider like Yahoo, Google, etc.

To change the client preference for sending forms:
1. Go to the customer list (From Customer menu and choosing Customer Center)
2. From the list look for the customer you want to change the send method, click on the customer name and right click then select Edit customer. the customer record will open.
3. From the Edit Customer window, go under the Additional info tab and change the Preferred Send Method to None.
The following link is where I found this info
This should save a lot of work.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9170844AAbKaDu
Old 01-29-2013, 08:38 PM

Unfortunately Wendy that would only work as long as you have a pdf program installed - i don't have any pdf programs but that is pretty good thanks
Old 01-29-2013, 08:56 PM

Smile

This wil work if you install a pdf printer the following link is one I used to use and it is free, you don't actual need the pdf program like acrobat.
http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp
another one I have used
http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php
When you say print you just then select the pdf printer and save to the desktop

Last edited by Wendy Mccoy; 01-29-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:06 PM

Thanks Wendy
Old 05-13-2013, 12:16 PM

Multiple Invoices in on Email

This worked great! Thank you for the clear directions.