Advertise    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Forum

Old 02-01-2012, 10:49 PM

Printing info from Quickbooks

We are looking for information on how to print envelopes out of Quickbooks without printing out letters. Here is our problem. We want to send a letter to all of our customers from a different computer and location, but use our customer base on Quickbooks Pro to print out just envelopes for the customers that we choose. We have talked with Quickbooks several times and they do not know how to choose this option. This is 2012 and I know the software should be able to do this. Does anyone have any tips???

Last edited by SteveJohnson; 02-02-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:26 PM

I dont know that you can print straight on the envelope from QB , but you can definately print labels for select customers on your list. Go to File> Print Forms>Labels. in the 'Name' field, chosse multiple names then place a check mark next to each customer you need a label for. Then just print. Will this work?

Senior Accountant
Quickbooks Proadvisor
Old 02-02-2012, 01:32 PM

There is a way to print to the envelope, but its a little tricky. OPen your customer center. Click on the arrow next to the Microsoft Word icon and choose to Prepare Customer Letters. You could just choose any old template they have set up. Mark all the customers you need to send to. This will open the same letter in word. you can just close that, the next option after this letter generates though is to print envelopes. Give it a shot. Labels seem like the easier way to go though!

Senior Accountant
Quickbooks Proadvisor
Old 02-03-2012, 11:52 PM

Thanks Deidre, we will try that. The biggest problem has been choosing our contact name so that everything does not go to accounts payable but to the actual buyer.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:26 PM

Deidre, can you tell me someone I can speak with about printing these envelopes or even just labels. What I simply want is to choose my Ship To Customer list, choose the ones I want to send a letter to( I already have the letter done so I don't need Quickbooks for this) and then to print those out either on labels or envelopes. We cannot seem to get this done and my office manager has spent hours on the phone with Quickbooks and no one seems to know how to do that either. They did take over our computer and print out about 300 envelopes that all went to accounts payable but I need this letter to go to the ship to address that has the buyers name on it. This should be simple to do but apparently not. PLEASE HELP!!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:05 AM

When you go into the print lable screen, check the box to Print Ship to address where available.

Senior Accountant
Quickbooks Proadvisor