Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-18-2003, 03:47 PM

Invoice Date vs. Due Date

Does anyone know how to adjust the due date to 30 days from the invoice date? I have already gone into Preferences and it shows that aging/finance charges are calculated 30 days after invoice date. However, when I send statements and run reports, the due date is the same date as the invoice date. I understand that this has been a problem in QB and hopefully someone has found the resolution. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:25 PM

QB has payment terms which manage the due dates.

Look under Lists, and possibly Other lists. If your terms list doesn't have an entry for a 30 days term, then create a new one, make it date based and enter 30 in the appropriate box.

You can also add this term to each customer, so that future invoices will have the due date corretly calculated. But existing invoices would have to be edited to achieve that.

Regards
Mike
Old 06-19-2003, 10:00 AM

However, although QB can be made to manage Monthly Supplier Terms successfully, the same can't be said for Customer Monthly Terms. When you run an Receivables Aging Report it cuts across month ends in an cavalier fashion, basing all the due dates on "X" days from invoice date rather than "End of Month after Month of Invoicing" - which is how many/most Merchanting and Contracting businesses trade.

QB has had this "feature" for years. Very surprising (not) that it's never been put right.
Old 06-19-2003, 11:02 AM

Thank you. I am new to QuickBooks and need some further info. I've found the terms list and 30 days was a choice, and I selected it and clicked on "use". It appears to default to that on that particular screen. However, how can I edit individual invoices that have already been created to reflect that date. And then also when I run an aging report, I need to have the due date of 30 days after invoice date reflected. Thanks.

Jamie
Old 06-19-2003, 02:54 PM

To edit existing invoices, one way would be go to the sales invoice screen, then click 'previous' to bring up earlier invoices, add the term (which I think should appear),and save each one. Tedious but there's no better way.

The aging report works on invoice date not due date, as Paul suggested, so QB won't support what you want.

Regards
Mike