Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Forum

Old 05-30-2011, 04:16 AM

Error 15203

Hi all,

I have QB Simple Start for my photography business and there are a number or updates I am unable to install due to Error 15203.

I have looked at the Intuit support forums and it seems that the reason could be one of two things: either my system date is wrong or I have two versions of the same QB software installed at the same time. I have checked (and rechecked) my system date and time and they are right. I also dont have two versions of QB installed. I had the US version of QB 2010 installed on this PC before but I have uninstalled it months ago.

I have tried to "Repair" QB but that has thrown up its own error, namely error code 1904. The following files fail to register: wrapper.dll, QBPrefs.dll and Request Handler. I checked the forums and it seems that the problem lies with MS Visual C++ Redistributable and I downloaded and re-instaleld that. I then tried to repair QB again but got the same 1904 error.

Now I have run out of ideas and I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

André
Old 05-31-2011, 01:57 PM

Try changing the system date/time to 09:00 on 12/31/2012 and then changing it back to the correct date and time. This has worked in the past.
It may also be a windows registry issue from installing and uninstalling US version of QB 2010.