Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 07:49 AM

Hide inactive accounts in balance sheet

Is there any way to hide inactive accounts from the balance sheet report? All of the accounts in question are marked inactive and have a zero balance.

I have tried bringing up the balance sheet report, clicking the modify report button, clicking the advanced button and ticking both Active and non-zero for both Display Rows and Display Columns and no matter which I use the inactive accounts still show up in the Balance Sheet.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:27 AM

depending on the version, but goto Lists, Chart of Accounts, then right click on the inactive account, click edit account.
there is a checkbox to make in inactive and should not appear on reports.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:57 AM

The accounts are already marked as inactive and have zero balances in them. They still show on the balance sheet.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:43 PM

Pull the Balance Sheet up on the screen, go to Modify Report, select the Advanced Button in the bottom right corner, in the top left corner of the next screen select Non Zero then press the Memorize Button at the top of the Balance sheet. You can do the same for the P&L

Hope this helps
Warren
Old 02-03-2011, 07:19 AM

I appreciate everyone's attempts to help and perhaps I didn't communicate it clearly enough in my original post.

The accounts I'm trying to make disappear from the Balance Sheet report are all set as inactive. They all have zero balances.

I have tried the following to keep them from showing up in the Balance Sheet report:

Clicked "Modify Report"
Clicked "Advanced"
Set both Display Rows and Display Columns to "Non-zero"
Refesh the report.
When set this way the inactive accounts with zero balance still show in the report.

I then tried:
Clicked "Modify Report"
Clicked "Advanced"
Set both Display Rows and Display Columns to "Active"
Refresh the report
When set this way the inactive accounts with zero balance still show int he report.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:21 AM

Oh, and I failed to mention that I'm using Quickbooks Pro 2011.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:08 AM

Pull the Balance Sheet up on the screen, go to Modify Report, select the Advanced Button in the bottom right corner, in the top left corner of the next screen select Non Zero then press the Memorize Button at the top of the Balance sheet. You can do the same for the P&L
Old 02-15-2011, 11:45 AM

I had a similar issue with an inactive zero balance bank account that was showing up in the balance sheet. The problem is suppressing that account while still allowing active accounts with zero balances to remain visible. Given that "active" is interpreted by QuickBooks to mean "were there ever any transactions", selecting the option to show only active accounts in the balance sheet report will not have the desired effect, and selecting show non-zero accounts will suppress the zero balance accounts that we wish to see. I ended up changing the inactive zero-balance bank account to an "other income" account, which removed it from the balance sheet report. Hope that helps.