Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Old 07-26-2010, 01:15 PM

need vendor year total report

I need a report that would just tell me the total amount of monies paid to a particular group of vendors for the year. I tried to create a report of vendors with filters like "t4a eligible" and also a column that showed their wcb number (a field I created in "define fields"). The column for WCB number showed up, but even though there is information entered in that field for the different vendors, nothing shows up under the heading on the report. I have to report total yearly amounts paid to vendors that don't have their own WCB insurance and I'd like a report that would show those people only. I hope I have made myself clear enough for someone to help me. The only report I can generate is one that shows ALL the vendors and EVERY transaction for the whole year. The vendors concerned are the installers for our flooring store. I don't need to include any suppliers so that's why I used the filter "T4A eligible".
Old 07-27-2010, 03:06 AM

If you edit the vendor and set Type to "T4A eligible" then you can modify it and set Dispaly Columns to Total Only and Display Columns to Vendor. Then filter the it for Vendor Type "T4A eligible" and the date range you need.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:25 PM

The WCB column will be blank because that data field is on the vendor info card and not on the transactions.

As for the t4a eligble, did you set up the vendors with those types as Joe suggested? I'm a little confused on where you did this "eligbility" at.