Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 144 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 08:35 PM

Cool Print your own deposit slip!?

Hi all. I've been using QB for a long time and just decided to explore printing deposit slips. I'm shocked to find you actually have to buy the slips! This may be important to some, but I don't understand why all the nesisary information can't just print out on a blank piece of paper (and for those who need a copy, can buy perforated paper)?

So am I right? You have to buy them? If yes, why can't we just make up a template, print out 50 of them, then just use as we go? Even still, this is an extra, unnecessary step, but would still save $.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing? Again, new to this task. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:20 AM

Talking

Are you aware that you can actually print a "Deposit Slip" &/or "Deposit Slip & Summary" directly from the "Make Deposits" window which will display all your deposit details (list of chqs, cash etc)?

To do this:
  • Enter the deposit (that you're going to be making at the bank) or locate a previously entered deposit.
  • At the top of that window, you will see a "Print" button.
  • If you click on this, QB will ask you to select either a "Deposit Slip & Deposit Summary" or "Deposit Summary Only". Select your preferred option & click on "OK".
  • The "Print" window will display where you can make further standard customisations (eg font, orientation, margins, number of copies etc), then click on "Print".
Your printed deposit details can be taken to the bank & submitted over the counter with your funds (the same as when using a bank's "Deposit Slip" or "Deposit Book")
If you print off 2 copies, you can keep one for your records.

I've attached examples of the 2 options (using QB sample company file)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Deposit Slip & Summary.pdf (18.8 KB, 22582 views)
File Type: pdf Deposit Summary.pdf (12.6 KB, 9815 views)
Bookkeeper / Tax Consultant
Accounted 4 Bookkeeping Services

Email: shazinoz@digisurf.com.au / shaz@accounted4bs.com
Web: www.accounted4bs.com
Old 09-09-2009, 11:33 AM

shazinoz,

Thank you for the details.

However, even in your examples, the print outs don't contain account number information. I want something I can deliver straight to the bank from a white piece of paper, to the teller. Are you able to do this using the method you described? Or, do you still need a deposit slip to print on?
Old 09-09-2009, 05:58 PM

Lightbulb

Yes, instead of calling the bank account "Business Cheque Account" (or whatever you've named it), edit this to include the necessary account number, eg

"ABC Bank (066-115 1023456789)"

To do this, just right-click on the relevant bank account in your "Chart Of Accounts" & click on "Edit Account" from the pop-up menu. Edit the "Account Name" field to include the branch/account numbers, then click on "OK".

NOW, when you print your deposit slip/summary, it will include the account number info as required by the teller.
Bookkeeper / Tax Consultant
Accounted 4 Bookkeeping Services

Email: shazinoz@digisurf.com.au / shaz@accounted4bs.com
Web: www.accounted4bs.com
Old 09-09-2009, 06:19 PM

I grab a handful of their blank deposit slips while in the bank,
and have set up a template in MS Word that put in the company name and account # exactly in the format the want.

needs to be set up as an "envelope" so the printer only looks for a small piece of paper.

put 20 in the printer & voila...done

been doing this method for myself and others for bunches of years.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:37 PM

Smile

shazinoz,
Ahh... I see! I'll try that! Thank you.

SomeGuy,
This is kind of what I was thinking about doing. Was going to try to find an official deposit slip for the purpose, then edit the numbers and just copy. Your template would be easier. Would you mind sharing with the group, or private msg me a link?

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:07 PM

here is a M.S. Word file,

this fits US Wells Fargo deposit slip,

other banks fill need to have a different placement of account # & company name

Guy
Attached Files
File Type: doc sample deposit slip.doc (61.5 KB, 11606 views)
Old 09-15-2009, 04:22 PM

Need Intuit Depot Slip

Anyone have a real Intuit deposit slip like you'd purchase? Mind scanning?

Can you just copies those and re-print, or do you have to keep buying?

Thanks again!
Old 01-30-2010, 11:43 AM

If anyone's interested, my company has developed a deposit slip template that we customize for just $10. It is emailed as a PDF file, which you can then use to print as many deposit slips as you like, whenever you need them. You'll never have to pay for pre-printed deposit slips again, or use those pesky manual books the bank gives you.

In order to customize the form properly, we need a scanned image of your company check/cheque in order to obtain the company info and the MICR numbers from the bottom.

Please PM me for more information on this service.

Thanks!

Geoff.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:20 PM

I am interested in your fillable deposit slip

Geoff, I am interested, please send the link, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by stws View Post
If anyone's interested, my company has developed a deposit slip template that we customize for just $10. It is emailed as a PDF file, which you can then use to print as many deposit slips as you like, whenever you need them. You'll never have to pay for pre-printed deposit slips again, or use those pesky manual books the bank gives you.

In order to customize the form properly, we need a scanned image of your company check/cheque in order to obtain the company info and the MICR numbers from the bottom.

Thanks!

Geoff.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stws View Post

Thanks!

Geoff.
I am interested in the deposit slip PDF file. Please send info.

Thanks
Margaret
Old 03-16-2011, 07:58 PM

QuickBooks Deposit Template

I have a template that I use with QuickBooks 2009.
It is in excel format so you can edit it with your bank information and business information how ever you want.

I will sell for $5.00. I accept Paypal and I have a verified account with paypal.
I will email the document after payment.

If interested send me an email info@cincydonuts.com.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:33 PM

Solution

1. Download the Quickbooks Deposit Slip template from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...102094197.aspx
2. Download the MICR Encoding font for adding the bank routing and account number from http://www.searchfreefonts.com/free/micr-encoding.htm
3. Unzip and install the font.
4. Edit the template to include your information
5. Print it out

I had to print to the built-in XPS document viewer and then print that to a PDF for the margins to work properly. After that I could print the PDF as many times as I want and it works great. There are multiple "Quickbooks Deposit Slip" templates available at the office.microsoft.com site, but this one actually works. No charge.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Printing your own deposit slips or checks from QuickBooks

PrintBoss Select for QuickBooks prints out completed deposit slips. That's actually a secondary feature to
its main function: letting QuickBooks print checks on blank check stock.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:55 AM

Solution

My solution (which incorporated some of the solutions I found on this site), was to go to

1. Download the Quickbooks Deposit Slip template from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...102094197.aspx
2. Download the MICR Encoding font for adding the bank routing and account number from http://www.searchfreefonts.com/free/micr-encoding.htm
3. Unzip and install the font.
4. Edit the template to include your information
5. Print it out as a PDF File (save the template as a PDF File you will use as a background)

Then when I printed my Deposit Slipas an Adobe PDF File, I then opened the Deposit Slip, applied a background (that I created earlier), and then I had my Deposit Slip that I could print on regular paper