Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Old 09-01-2009, 05:58 PM

Add a Class for "Bill" transaction?

Dear QB pro:

As we have three retail stores, currently we are using classes to separate each store's income/expenses and generate P&L by class. However, when we generate Balance Sheet... our Asset does not equal Liabilities+OE.

Some of the QuickBooks windows from which you can add a class to a transaction, such as Create Invoices/Create Purchase Orders windows, but when we open Enter Bills window, here is the problem:

First, there is a drop down menu to choose which A/P accounts to use, however, there is no class specification for the Account Payable accounts... Then there is expenses column where you specify accounts and classes that you want to code for that particular expenses. Therefore, P&L by class is accurate, but when I generate B/S with class filtered modified report, none of A/P related to that class will be pulled as I did not specify to begin with.... so my balance sheet per class does not balance... and I won't know how much payables for each stores...

Please help!!! I need to generate balance sheet per class which balances... Thank you!!!

Last edited by OC82; 09-01-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:06 AM

QB does not allow class on the Check or Bill screens.
If you must track AP by store, you will need an AP for each store and post the bills for each store to their AP. If the stores use the same vendor, you will have to create a Bill Payment for them from each AP.
This makes for possible entry issues that will be very hard to correct!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 12:44 AM

QB Pro 2009 does not provide for class wise balance sheet.
However to resolve this, we suggest you to create three different AP accounts to track the bills of three different stores. Like AP Store A, AP Store B and AP Store C.

If you open Enter Bills window, in the drop down menu to choose which A/P accounts to use, select the correct AP account.
Intuit has also come up with one add-on product which will help the companies having more than one warehouses/Stores. See the link: http://enterprisesuite.intuit.com/pr...se-management/

Thanks,
Mark Waltzer,
Analytix Solutions
www.analytixsolutions.com
Old 09-20-2009, 02:35 AM

Am I understanding this correctly? Does the US QB not have the "Class" column on bills & cheques (When the "Class" feature has been selected in "Preferences") ????

If so, I'm very suprised as our Australian version has it & it's actually the same program, but 'tweaked' for Australian legislation/tax etc!!!
Bookkeeper / Tax Consultant
Accounted 4 Bookkeeping Services

Email: shazinoz@digisurf.com.au / shaz@accounted4bs.com
Web: www.accounted4bs.com
Old 09-21-2009, 03:22 AM

The US version allows the class to be assigned to the split of bills and checks, but not the AP or Bank account. This maks the balance sheet reports totaled by class to be out of balance!!