Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Old 01-27-2009, 02:57 PM

Printing Problems

I have a problem that developed recently while trying to print invoices, statements, etc... I am using Quickbook Pro 2007 on operating system Vista Buisness .When I go to print preview or print, or even sending statements through e-mail, and yes my print function works fine with all other programs. I click file, print invoice, then click print and the program starts showing printing page and says printing page 1 and continues up to 45375 as an example, then reachs some obvious end and begins to count down in numbers back to 1 and starts over?
I have searched and tried different solutions I have found on the net such as deleting QBPrint.qbp but have had no luck. Help me if you can, and Thanks Very Much!
Old 01-28-2009, 03:26 AM

Have you tried a differant print driver, like "Amyuni PDF Converter" going to a file? Where did you locate the QBPrint.QBP file and if you did search did you rename all of the found files?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:36 AM

Printing problems

I found the qbprint.qbp file by doing an advanced search
under Intuit in my computer, I didn't rename any files, I just deleted this one, went back into my Quickbooks, clicked on printer setup, choose invoice, and went back to program and tried to print just like the directions said at this site, http://news.sequimpc.com/software/in...s-or-invoices/
I am in no way a computer expert, I do know how to rename file, but wouldn't know which to change?
I don't understand how this suddenly started, because I was always able to print before. I can try to find the download for "Amyuni PDF Converter" if you think that will help.
I appreciate your advice!
Old 01-29-2009, 04:17 AM

First, can you still print reports?
If you cannot, you can try and install a compatable printer from Windows Start then Settings then Printer and Faxes. Choose Add Printer and see if you can locate a printer from teh same company as your printer. Install it as a Local Printer. In QuickBooks, use File and Printer Setup and for invoice select the new printer and try and print. If you donot get the SAME error, go back to Printer setup and select your printer for invoices.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:51 AM

Printing Problems

Thanks Again Joe,
I can still print reports and statements with no problem, it's just invoices, doing a print preview, or sending out invoices through e-mail. Same problem, spools up, then down, then repeats until I cancel?
I'm confused,
Thanks, Paul
Old 01-30-2009, 05:00 AM

It sounds like QB and Windoes dispaly are not talking correctly. Try going to "Display Properties" and change the display resolution,from 800 by 600 to 1024 by 768, or from 1024 by 768 to 800 by 600.
In advanced change the DPI settings ( 96 DPI is the standard) and apply the changes. Change the settings back and see if it helped.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:27 PM

Printing Problems

Thanks again for the reply, I tried your suggestions and still have the same problems...?
I would try to delete and reload the program as a last resort, but with tax time upon us I am concerned about possibly losing data, even though I do back up data regulary.
Thanks Again,
Paul
Old 02-03-2009, 03:30 PM

Red face Printing Problem Solved!

After taking a break from trying to solve the problem printing invoices which had suddenly occured, I began to go through my files in order to get my 2008 tax information together. I without realizing was printing older invoices and statements, until I got to a more recent invoice where I had first noticed the problem. After comparing the one that would print and the other that wouldn't I noticed a difference in the layout, I looked below print preview at the template description and saw that all the more recent invoices were under the "Progress Invoice" template instead of the "Intuit Product Invoice" template, I switched all the affected invoices back to Product and the problem printing is gone. I don't have any idea how this had been switched, but I thought all that might had monitored this problem or have had a similar one might be interested. I appreciate all the help I was given. Maybe I should go back to school and take another Quickbooks Class? Take Care,
Old 02-04-2009, 03:38 AM

Glad you found the problem! Most of the times I have ran across damaged templated, they just error out. Will keep this in the back of my mind. Thanks!!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:38 AM

Hi all,

I'm having the same issue except that in my case QB just stops responding and I have to terminate the process from Task Manager. This only happens when I print invoices. Clicking on Print Preview causing QB to crash as well. Any suggestions?
Old 08-21-2009, 01:17 AM

Try createing a new invoice template and then see if it will print.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:37 AM

printing invoice problems

there is a very simple solution that fixes most of the printing problems that you get on quickbooks.

If you have tried to delete the print.qbp file in the quickbooks install dir, and that has not worked, it has written itself into the registry of windows. deleting that file will not make a difference cos the memory of the file still exists in the registry.

Get a small (free) program called "CC Cleaner" go to registry and run the reg fix, this will sort out the problem. it removes the old registry entry so when you print it will re-create this entry to fix the problem.

i hate quick books policy of paying for support, i believe if you buy an original program one should not have to pay to fix a stupid little error. i live in south africa and due to the exchange rate it costs a small fortune every year. i can buy the upgraded program each year and it is cheaper than paying for the support.

ERRORS IN THE CODING OF THE PROGRAM IS NOT THE CUSTOMERS PROBLEM!

yet we still have to pay to help fix the problems so Intuit can make more money with the next version. IT IS NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!