Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > Premier Nonprofit Edition Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 06:08 PM

End of Year Donation Statement

I am using Premier Nonprofit 2007. How do you prepare an end of year donation receipt summary to send to each donor as their year end receipt?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:48 AM

You can't - check the Intuit Marketplace where you might be able to buy a program that does this.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:44 AM

This is the same question I had. I currently have a memorized report I made up. It pulls up a list of all the donors and a their total donations. Then I have to click on each donor/customer and get into the report on them. I add a footer with a "no goods/services" line and print each report individually for the donors. It takes awhile; I have about 90 donors.

Some people only give once a year. For those people, I just print off a regular receipts with a "no goods/service" message in the box for messages to customers.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:43 AM

We just signed up a couple of our nonprofit clients to test a program that provides donor acknowledgement letters - you can configure the program to provide monthly, yearly, etc. letters. The mail merge letters are working beautifully in the beta test. See www.cpa911.com if you want to join the test (or to see when the beta test is over and the product goes on sale).
Old 05-12-2008, 09:41 PM

Hey JZeiger

I checked your website for the donation link and could not find it.

Can you send me the link I would love to check it out.

Thanks

Todd
Old 05-13-2008, 04:20 AM

It's not my website, belongs to cpa911. My clients tell me they're working directly with the software company - www.beyondtheledgers.com. The Products web page has a link for signing up for the test.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:25 PM

Yes, we concluded beta on the product on 5/23 and are now offering it for sale at www.beyondtheledgers.com, on the Products page.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCA View Post
This is the same question I had. I currently have a memorized report I made up. It pulls up a list of all the donors and a their total donations. Then I have to click on each donor/customer and get into the report on them. I add a footer with a "no goods/services" line and print each report individually for the donors. It takes awhile; I have about 90 donors.

Some people only give once a year. For those people, I just print off a regular receipts with a "no goods/service" message in the box for messages to customers.
I am about to make year end statements for each donor. What I do no know how to do is add the footer about no goods/services received for the donations. I made a separate sheet already, but I would like to not do that.
Nancy
Old 12-26-2008, 07:21 AM

RE: footer

I'm not at my computer with QB right now, but here's what I remember about the footer.

Are you using a form of a report for your contribution receipts? If so, you'll need to modify your memorized report. Somewhere in all your "modify report" options, you can choose to set up a footer.

If you are printing a regular receipt, you'll need to modify/edit your template for that receipt. You can set up a footer (or maybe it's just a text box at the bottom of the template).

Maybe someone with access to QB right now will give you a more detailed answer.

CCA
Old 12-26-2008, 03:42 PM

Smile adding a footer

I am not in the office right now. I will check this out or call another of our offices. I got the job of doing reports etc. with bare bones training. It has been a struggle learning!!
Nancy
Old 12-30-2008, 08:42 AM

non-cash gifts in-kind

I almost went nuts last night! We have Premier Non- Profit 2007 QuickBooks and also Intuit.
I entered Gifts in Kind for someone who spent a lot of money for ministry house. I entered the Gifts in Kind and it showed up as cash in the check register.
what I had to do was print the donation summary for the people and then delete it from check register. I am glad I have a print out because it has disappeared from the year end summary.It is on print out what they gave.
The question I have is how do I enter this so it is on year end summary but not in their check register as a cash donation? It alters the amount in register to be false.

Nancy

PLEASE SOMEONE, HELP ME!!!

Last edited by nlfraley35; 12-31-2008 at 01:09 PM. Reason: not a response for help
Old 01-02-2009, 03:21 AM

Presumming that "Gifts in Kind" is an income type account, you need an Other Current Asset account named something like "In Kind Donations" and then enter a journal entry Debiting In Kind Donations and Crediting Gifts in Kind.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:32 AM

Most gifts in kind save you the expense of purchasing - so to record them:

Create an Income account named In-Kind Donations
Create an Expense account named In-Kind Expenses

Create a journal entry that credits the income account and debits the expense account. This doesn't touch the bank and doesn't change the P & L totals.

If it's an asset that was given, or a product you aren't going to use, instead you're going to sell it, check with your accountant - some want specific accounts for this type of gift.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:17 AM

hi

Before reading your article I don't have any idea about this . Thank's for giving me knowledge about a new thing.

Lisa11
home job
home work
start a business
home based business
business ideas

Home Based Business
Old 02-26-2009, 03:00 AM

hi

I am glad I have a print out because it has disappeared from the year end summary.It is on print out what they gave.

Lisa11