Advertise    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Forum

Old 03-06-2007, 10:02 AM

Question Invoices changing prices from 2 decimal places to 5 places

Hi,

Our company uses QB POS 4.0 for all of our sales and inventory, but uses QB Enterprise Solutions 6.0 for all the financials, statements ect. I am having a problem with a sale being made (say 6 items at 428.94 = 2573.62 this sale made in POS) Then at the end of the day when the information exchange is made, the invoice will show on QB Financial side as ( 6 @ 428.93667 = 2573.62) Is there a way to have QB Financial only round two decimal places and not carry the number out 5 places. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. My boss is freaking out saying "There HAS to be a way to fix this".

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 02:27 PM

Not in QuickBooks. When you enter an item qith a quanity of 6 and an amount of 2573.62, QuickBooks caculates the Rate to 5 decimal places. There is not a option to "round to cents".
You couls send the report to excel and change the columns to Currency.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:57 PM

Thank you very much!!!

Old 03-09-2007, 02:01 PM

The Excel method Joe mentioned will certainly do what you want, but if you don't want to leave QuickBooks to get the job done, my company's FormCalc add-on should do what you need.

FormCalc has generic capabilities for letting you set up different kinds of calculations on QuickBooks forms. In your case, I haven't tried the following but here's how it ought to work:

You'd add a custom column to the QuickBooks form's template, and set up a FormCalc calculation for that column as 1 times the Rate column. This would make FormCalc copy the Rate column's value to your custom column. But additionally, you would tell FormCalc to show amounts in the custom column with 2 decimal places.

So two Rate columns (the real one and your custom one) don't both appear on printouts, you'd need two templates for the QuickBooks form. One, which you'd use for data entry, would show both columns. Another would show only your custom (FormCalc-calculated) Rate column. This second template is the one you'd apply to the Invoice before printing it for your customer.

FormCalc has a full-working trial version that you can download for free. For information, go here:

http://www.goflagship.com/products/fchome.htm

Mark Wilsdorf
Flagship Technologies, Inc.
QuickBooks™ Add-Ons and Solutions You Can Use
http://www.goflagship.com