Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Old 02-06-2007, 06:18 PM

Reimbursement Group on Invoice

Hi, I use the time/costs button to add reimbursable expenses to invoices for various jobs. It all works very well until I want to change one of those expenses.

When I add the costs from the Expenses tab (meals, plane tickets, whatever) I select all the relevant ones, they all get little checkmarks and they are added as a "group" (not totaled as one line -- they're all detailed). Then say I print out a draft invoice for the owner to review and she decides she doesn't want to bill a client for one of these expenses. When I try to delete just that one expense from the invoice, the whole group gets deleted & I have to go back & find all the other expenses, make them billable again and then re-add them to the invoice.

Alternately, I've started adding expenses to the invoice one at time. That works fine, but is almost as annoying.

Is this "reimbursement group" something I can undo?

Thanks so much.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:33 AM

Are you Right clicking on the line that needs deleteing then chooseing Delete Line? You should be able to change the amount on any line in the "Reimb Group", do a delete line or insert line.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:57 PM

Question Reimbursable Expenses - how to add/delete from group?

This is a great question (and answer). Unfortunately, I just started using QB and just recently joined the forum and did not see it 5 years ago!

Therefore, to carry the question further to ANYONE out there, how do you accomplish the opposite (of ajbeets) situation? I want to add an expense to the "reimbursable expenses" group invoice that I missed choosing the first time around. I tried right clicking to "Add Line", which it does, but I cannot add any of the additional expense item information to it. Is my only choice to (as ajbeets expressed) delete the whole group (or invoice), go back & find all the expenses, make them billable again and then re-add them to (recreate) the invoice... including the one I missed the first time around to add it to the group?

I noticed that I can add the expense item(s) as a separate reimbursable expense group (thus, the total invoice is correct) which shows as a separate line item (sub)total, but I would prefer to avoid the customer confusion and have one list showing one total.

Thanks.