Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Old 05-04-2006, 06:15 PM

QB keeps shutting down

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'm running Premier 2005 Contractor.

This always happens when I'm inputting our AMEX bill for some reason. For various reasons, we don't use the credit card feature and input it as a bill.

I input all the charges as various items and/or expenses. Sometimes, when I get to a certain line only on the expense side (and not on the items side), it'll error and say that quickbooks encountered an error and needs to close. And the error message pops up when I click on the reimbursable expenses column thingy.

This usually happens after I've already inputted a lot of lines, so I've been saving my bill after each couple of lines so that I don't lose all that work. It's a royal pain in the you-know-what.

This has never happened while entering any other bill, although this is the only 'vendor' bill that uses this many lines -- usually for bills I'm only entering a few expenses, and not 50.

So ... anyone know if there's a patch for this problem or how to fix it? Or a way around it? Thanks!
Old 05-05-2006, 07:39 AM

Try this: open the Account list then click Account and resort list. Open the Write Check screen and click on the Pay to line. Press Ctrl-L to open the name list then click Name then resort list.
If that does not help, do a verify on the company.