Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Old 04-03-2006, 05:38 PM

adding a "terms and conditions"

i have customized my front side of my estimate form and was wondering now how to make a "terms and conditions" side that would print on the backside? Does anyone know how i would do this?

thanks Much
Ryan
Old 04-03-2006, 06:19 PM

Are your terms and conditions to looooong to fit on the front? If so, print a bunch of pages (or photocopy) with the fine print and feed them into your printer when you do your estimates.

Norbert
Old 04-05-2006, 08:01 PM

Thumbs down please HELP

I'M SORRY i don't know what you mean.... BUt it is not so much that they are too long but that there are no text boxes provided that would give me enough space to entere my "terms and conditions" in .... Clearly they would fit with no problem on 1/8 to 1/4 of a page but "wonderful" quick books does not allow enough characters in any text box to include my "terms".. it makes absoluetly no sense to me...
DOES ANYONE NO HOW TO ADD A TEXT BOX THAT WOULD ALLOW MORE CHARACTERS/WORDS?????????????///

PLEASE HELP!!!

THANKS ,
RYAN
Old 04-05-2006, 09:26 PM

As Norbert suggested you can print your terms & conditions on blank paper and use the other side of that paper to print your estimates. Because there is a lot of information we need to supply to the customer we have our estimate forms done by a printing company with the terms & conditions on the back and the estimate template on the from. It really isn't that expensive to do it that way. I don't know what kind of business you have but it is safer to spell everything out to try to protect yourself from lawsuits and supply the terms information as required by law.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:19 AM

Ready between Ryan's lines I think semantics come into play here. There are 'TERMS' of the variable (per customer) kind and 'TERMS and CONDITIONS' of the constant kind with emphasis on 'CONDITIONS (of sale)'. So, let's call the latter 'Conditions of Sale'

As an alternative to Suzanne's and my suggestion and as you indicate that you might have enough room on the front of document . . . . . .

a) Don't use the TERMS field on the invoice proper. Reserve that for variable kind, e.g. TERMS like 'NET 30' or '2% 7 DAYS/NET 21' or whatever. That terms field is used for A/R reports, statements, cash flow, etc. and you can create/modify them in LISTS > CUSTOMER AND SUPPLIER PROFILE > TERMS LIST (in QB PRO 2004 anyway)

b) This is for the CONDITIONS kind of terms. . . . Go to your layout designer and up there on the top you will see the 'ADD+' button/icon. Click on that and select TEXT box. Place it in a suitable location on the front of your document and enter your 'fine print' blurb. You can stretch or shrink that box and change font size to suit.

In my 'Conditions of Sale' I have a line stating "A finance charge at the rate of 1.75% per month or part thereof will be charge unless payment is received within period of terms indicated above'

Does that answer your question?

Norbert
Old 04-06-2006, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Specialties Inc
Ready between Ryan's lines I think...
Should be 'Reading', of course..

Norbert
Old 12-08-2011, 12:40 PM

I normally send my estimate and T&C separately as two different docs. The face of the estimate says the T&Cs are incorporated by reference.

Now that so many estimates are sent electronically (mine as pdfs) the "just print the terms and conditions on the backside" approach isn't a workable resolution. I will try creating a text box and see how that goes, but the terms and conditions for my business often go for two pages, so I need more than a simple text box that appears on the face of the estimate. (My terms and conditions are a lot about managing client expectations.)
Old 12-08-2011, 01:23 PM

I agree in this electronic age the back of the paper is going away, but in this litigious age some protection is necessary.

A brute force way to do this would be to create an item whose description contains all the verbiage you want. I am not sure what limits there are on the amount of text but you could always break it down by paragraphs.