Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Old 12-05-2001, 09:21 AM

Question How can I "unreconcile" any month ?

I need (desperatel) to unreconcile a month's worth of reconciliation. How can I do this? Urgemt!
Old 12-09-2001, 05:14 PM

So sorry

The only way I have been able to 'un-reconcile' a previous month is to:

Open account you desire to unreconcile
click button at bottom of screen that switches to 1-line display (this just makes it easier to print)
CTRL-P (print)
Print out last 2-3 months
go down register and mark all transactions listed on account that are on bank statement of last known good reconciliation.

Then manually go through and mark all others after that month as not cleared.

ps I'd love to hear if there was an easier way
Old 04-15-2002, 12:14 PM

Unhappy "Unreconciling"

I too desperately need to "unreconcile" some months.

I have just purchased QB Pro and entered most of my data. I thought it was right and did three months of reconciliation. Now I found that I made some errors that required deleting and reentering reconciled transactions. When I did this, I found that I couldn't just undo my earlier reconciliations and redo them. I tried unchecking some of the items in the register, but that only made the problem worse. Now my beginning balances are all screwy and I can't even understand what it thinks it's doing. The beginning balances still look right in the journal but nothing adds up. The manual and help files try to explain it by saying that if you delete reconciled transactions, they are excluded from the beginning balance, but I don't get it.

Can't I just unreconcile everything and start over (without having to start fresh with a new company)?
Old 04-15-2002, 01:56 PM

Yes, to unreconcile, just take the checkmarks off and you'll be back where you started. If you're only trying to undo the last month, get your bank statement and, very carefully, take the checkmarks off each item that you checked off in that reconcilement and you should be back to the month prior to that one.
Old 04-15-2002, 02:30 PM

Smile

Thanks, I'll try that. It's a long process unchecking all of those checks because of the pop-up windows and so on, but it will be easier than re-entering everything.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqu View Post
I need (desperatel) to unreconcile a month's worth of reconciliation. How can I do this? Urgemt!
open qb and the register you want to use. click on activities, then on prior statements. to unreconcile a previous statement, click on the statement you want to re-do, then click on edit, delete statement. this leaves all of your transactions in tact allowing you to reconcile again.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:58 PM

open qb and the register you want to use. click on activities, then on prior statements. to unreconcile a previous statement, click on the statement you want to re-do, then click on edit, delete statement. this leaves all of your transactions in tact allowing you to reconcile again.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:59 PM

Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikiparker View Post
Thanks Viki this worked for me.. there are a few things I had to do slightly differently but your post put me in the right direction - I needed to amend a reconciliation from a statement 5 months ago (I reconcile every week) so I went into the register for the particular bank account, then unticked all of the transactions on the weeks statement I needed to redo, then went back to the normal reconciliation page and reconciled that weeks statement with the latest statement.
The opening balance was wrong but I just put in the correct closing balance for the latest statement and it all equalled out.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelaccounts View Post
Thanks Viki this worked for me.. there are a few things I had to do slightly differently but your post put me in the right direction - I needed to amend a reconciliation from a statement 5 months ago (I reconcile every week) so I went into the register for the particular bank account, then unticked all of the transactions on the weeks statement I needed to redo, then went back to the normal reconciliation page and reconciled that weeks statement with the latest statement.
The opening balance was wrong but I just put in the correct closing balance for the latest statement and it all equalled out.
I'm curious,, what do you reconcile against?