Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-24-2005, 03:40 PM

Quarterly Reports

In New York State, we are required to send employee gross earnings by quarter to our Labor Department. It appears we have been running a regular report which lists employee names and earnings (and deductions), giving a net wage amount at the end. Our controller then manually backs out all the un-needed information and fills out the report. Is there a way to build a report showing employee name, SS number, and gross wage total. I have been able to piece some of the information by modifying an existing report, but have not been able to get all the information I need on one report. There has to be a way, and I'm sure it is looking me right in the face. I now I could export to Excel, but I cannot get all the information needed in one report to either print or export.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:14 PM

Quarterly Reports

In Oklahoma, we are also required to send quarterly reports to the OESC (state unemployment).

To get the report I need, I go to Reports > Employees & Payroll > Employee State Taxes Detail, and then filter by payroll item (in my case, the unemployment item). This report gives me the employee's name, SSN, date of each check, gross wages, amount that is taxable and amount of the tax.

Maybe if you tweak this just a bit by deleting unnecessary columns, change the heading, filtering by a specific payroll item such as Fed W/H or even FICA (unless you have employees that reach the cap) etc., it will give you a usable report.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:28 PM

Go to Reports
Employees and Payroll
Summarize Payroll Data in Excel

This should give you all of the information you need. Check the tabs at the bottom
Old 10-26-2005, 07:24 AM

kc

if you summarize the payroll in excell, the very first page will give you a report titled "State Wage Listing". this is the report you are looking for. I use this for NYS reporting.

john
Old 11-14-2005, 02:54 PM

Cathy, Judy, and John:

Yet another QB feature I never knew was available! Thanks for the help - all your solutions worked perfectly!

Kenny
Old 07-18-2006, 03:11 PM

Smile New Quarterly reports in Pro 2006

We've recently installed QB Pro 2006 and now have the state unemployment quarterly reports available without doing anything extra. I used to spend a lot of time creating these reports.

But now, the reports are 'automatic' in Pro 2006. You do have to subscribe to your state's tax table for this feature to work properly.

To run the quarterly report:
- Select the word 'Employees' in the task bar (not 'reports')
- Select 'Process Payroll Forms'
- Select 'State' ('Federal' is also on option in the box)
- And then select the reports you wish to create

For the Wisconsin UCT-101 Quarterly Contribution Report, Pro 2006 creates 2 reports. The first one is the Contribtution Report which gives the summary of the payroll. This report has automatically calculated wages over our state limit.

The second report is the employee Wage Report.

This worked wonderful for us. Hope this helps you too!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:49 PM

First Time User.

I Ran Employer's Contribution And Wage Report. Also Ran A Payroll Summary Report. Both For The Last Quarter. The Wage Report Dropped One Of The Employees That Was Listed On The Payroll Summary Report. I Have Checked The Dates. Taxes Were Taken Out. This Emp. Is No Longer With Us. His Last Date Of Employment Was On The 26th Of Sept. His Last Check Was Written On The 26th. I Have Changed The Last Date Of Emp. That Doesn't Seem To Make A Difference.

Thanks For Any Help You Might Be Able To Give Me.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:03 PM

september is in the 3rd quarter. his last check should have been included in last quarters report and not the fourth quarter. that is why qb is not listing it, it shouldnt be there.

Senior Accountant
Quickbooks Proadvisor