Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Old 05-17-2005, 11:12 AM

Exclamation Delete Customer Payments

I have a huge mess in my QB Pro. I have 8 single invoices from customers for book purchases. 7 were credit card purchases, 1 check. Somehow there are 2 to 4 Customer Payments recorded for each customer.

In my check register I have 2 or three PMT for each customer AS WELL AS 3 Deposits for the total of the 8 invoices combined.

I have voided out all the Invoices (which were marked PAID by the way). But I'm still showing these customer payments and deposit amounts in the check register and A/P report. I have tried to just void the PMT but that option is grayed out. I was able to void the DEP amounts.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!

How can I get rid of all of this and start over? I checked out the Help information, but I have obviously made things worse.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Marlo
Old 05-17-2005, 11:19 AM

You have to delete the whole deposit. If there were other items in the deposit make sure you jot down the information. It sounds like you are doing what you need to get back to the beginning & start over. Just make sure you make notes of what you delete or void. If some of these transactions were credit cards were they handled through the Quickbooks Merchant Service?
Old 05-17-2005, 11:33 AM

Delete Customer Payments

Hi Suzanne,

I did delete the deposits. I can't delete the payments that are showing up in the check register---or do I need to do that?

My check register is showing entries from these individuals, sometime 2 or more times with the same PMT amount. How do I remove PMT? The option to Void is grayed out.

Also, when I go into the Receive Payments window, these customers have Available Credits over the amount of the orginal transactions. How do I remove these amounts?

In answer to your last question, no, our company uses a Merchant Account service through our bank.

Thank you,

Marlo
Old 05-17-2005, 12:25 PM

How did the payments get into the check register if they weren't deposited? Part of cleaning up this mess is to apply the credits, if they are legitimate. Go to the Receive Payments screen and click on the Discount & Credits button and apply the credits. If the credits are totally bogus you need to go to the customer's register and find the credits and delete. If these thing happened before the end of the tax year shouldn't delete anything as that will throw your number off and they won't balance with the tax return. In that case you will have to make off-setting entries at the beginning of the new tax year. Is there any way you can get someone to come in to help you. The problems seem too widespread to be handled on a forum and may need someone to go over them in person. A QB ProAdvisor in your area may be able to clear this up in an hour and it would be worth the cost.