Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Enterprise Edition Forum

Old 05-11-2017, 02:15 PM

Reclassify Transactions

When we receive payments for customers, the sales are showing in Sales - Other (which is not a main or subaccount) instead of a chart account we created Sales - Online. Is there a way to reclassify these transactions or a separate way to process to chart to the correct account?
Old 05-12-2017, 05:11 AM

Any time you see a posting on reports to the account name and a hyphen Other, it means you are posting to a parent level account. In QB when you make an account a parent with sub accounts, the parent account becomes a summing account and should not be posted to.

In reporting since the parent is a sub account but has posts QB reports them as "Other"

Edit your items and insure they only post to sub accounts
QB may offer to change past transactions to the new account, if so say yes. Other wise you will have to get the total and journal that total out of the parent account, debit parent account, credit sub account (for income and liability accounts)
Old 05-12-2017, 10:09 AM

If she sells services (MD...doctor's office?), she can create various items (in item list) and tie those directly to specific G/L acct codes, right?
Old 05-12-2017, 01:30 PM

QB allowed me to change non-item based transactions only. I found information on-line that reads, "If you want to edit the account assigned on item-based transactions, you need to edit the individual item in the original transaction". I don't know how to complete this process.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyMDDE View Post
QB allowed me to change non-item based transactions only. I found information on-line that reads, "If you want to edit the account assigned on item-based transactions, you need to edit the individual item in the original transaction". I don't know how to complete this process.
You can go to 'customers' - double-click the invoice in question - and assign a different item from your item list in the drop-down.
I recommend always using revenue codings using this item list. It will allow for balance sheet coding, as well, for something like sales taxes or deposits.
Somebody better at this can most likely describe more accurately.