Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Enterprise Edition Forum

Old 04-12-2017, 02:48 PM

Company moved from QB 2015 to 2017

This was done near the end of December and I think the file was corrupt, so it never got transferred over completely. It's been kinda hit or miss in terms of repopulating with inventory and stuff like invoices that were around on 12/20 that got paid on 1/4 of the new year.

The balance sheet is fine as of 12/31/2016, but once you get to 1/1/2017 is where the problems start. I'm assuming it's because every lingering purchase order and every invoice from the previous year that got paid, or we paid and received, needs to be brought over?

For example, on 1/1/2017, there's a couple of credits from a vendor but the invoice and items received from October 2016 never got transferred over, so it looks like that's partly the reason for the balance sheet being out of whack.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:15 PM

Re: Company moved from QB 2015 to 2017

Do you have any recent back ups of when the file was on 2015? I would look at the files and compare the two to see what the differences are.
If the invoices are not linked properly, you can verify and rebuild your data in the 2017 file and see if that fixes the problem. If that fails, you could also try to verify and rebuild that data in the 2015 file.
Even if the missing documents are low in number, I would be concerned about data integrity going forward. Whenever we have problems like this, it is usually best if we address them and not ignore them. They might get worse.
The best advice I can give you is to backup before you try anything. There is nothing wrong with having a couple different backups that represent different stages in your process to solve your problem.
I hope this addresses your concerns correctly. You did not ask a question directly.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:57 AM

When you updated to 2017, QB made a back up of the 2015 file

If when you installed 2017 you put it in its own folder, you can open 2015 and restore that back up. Then run rebuild at least 3 times and then run verify, if it fails keep doing it until it passes verify. Then open that file in 2017 and see if the same missing transaction problem is still there

If that fixed the issue then you are faced with re-entering transactions for this year, or using something like data transfer from q2q.us to do it for you (I am not affiliated)