DocuSend QuickBooks App Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Australia / Reckon Accounts Forum

Old 06-15-2011, 06:28 AM

Exclamation Cannot print/convert to pdf error

Ive just upgraded to Windows 7 as well as upgraded from Premier 10/11 to Premier 11/12.

Its taken two days and have had a few issues with firewall on multi-user etc.

The only remaining problem is that Quickbooks keeps giving me errors, such as error 20 or error 41, and will close down on me, if I try to email my invoices.

I have done many 'solutions' that I found via quickbooks knowledgebase but havent been able to fix it.

Appears to be a well known issue with quickbooks on win7 that had a fault with the quickbooks pdf converter. I can not email or save to pdf.

Quickbooks doesnt appear to have a fix for the issue and continue to sell this product with a fault.

Does anyone have any answers/suggestions??
Old 06-19-2011, 05:03 PM

Help. please. I can see that quickbooks know about this problem, but the fix isnt working.
Can anyone help?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:40 PM

Smile Re: Cannot print/convert to pdf error

I use a little program (no relation to Intuit), as it is TONS faster and more reliable, and it's FREE!! LOL

CutePDF. Just google it.

All it does is take your print job & convert it to a pdf, no matter what program you are in. Just save the pdf to wherever you want on your hard drive.

Note: once you install it, there is no program 'icon'. It ONLY appears as a printer option when you go to print something. You won't see it anywhere else.

Everybody here uses it now - hope it works as well for you!

QB ES Contractor 15
MS Win7Pro
907G HD/746G free, QB on virtual Q:\ (123G HD/116G free)

If it's the thought that counts, think money . . .
98% of stress comes from not being allowed to slap those who NEED it . . .
Turn left at the glacier

Last edited by MzDallas; 06-20-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-16-2015, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laksam View Post
Ive just upgraded to Windows 7 as well as upgraded from Premier 10/11 to Premier 11/12.

Its taken two days and have had a few issues with firewall on multi-user etc.

The only remaining problem is that Quickbooks keeps giving me errors, such as error 20 or error 41, and will close down on me, if I try to email my invoices.

I have done many 'solutions' that I found via quickbooks knowledgebase but havent been able to fix it.

Appears to be a well known issue with quickbooks on win7 that had a fault with the quickbooks pdf converter. I can not email or save to pdf.

Quickbooks doesnt appear to have a fix for the issue and continue to sell this product with a fault.

Does anyone have any answers/suggestions??
Hi, Laksam.
Have you ever worked it out? When it comes to PDF conversion process, I have another question for you. I wonder have you ever tried to convert PDF to image files before? I am testing the related
PDF to JPG converting, PDF to PNG converting, PDF to TIFF converting, and PDF to BMP converting programs these days. Do you have experience about it? Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron
Old 07-20-2015, 11:52 PM

Cool Conversion of jpg to pdf to bmp, etc.

There are 3 programs and a website (all free!) I have used for years, and they work wonders:

Irfanview.com - Irfanview can turn any image file into a different image file. A jpg into a pdf into an bmp into an icon.

CutePDF.com - "Just" a print engine, so if you can print it, you can also choose to pdf it instead. I use this in QB to pdf print-outs, because QB often makes pdf's that others cannot access. CutePDF output ALWAYS opens, for everyone.

FoxitSoftware.com - FoxitReader: Love this one - you can TYPE onto a pdf, block-out with a white rectangle, circle with a cloudy background & add text inside the circle, or even point something out with a big fat arrow. Also, add a signature...

Last but not least, the website PDFMerge.com, will take any pdf and add it to another pdf, to make one pdf.

Want only 1 page out of one pdf to combine with 1 page from another pdf?

Open both with Foxit Reader, 'print' the wanted page out of each via CutePDF, saving each page as its own pdf. Go to PDFMerge.com, pull each single page in whichever order you wish, save as a new, 2-page pdf.

Or, you can shell out several hundred dollar$ to Adobe for Acrobat . . .

Just sayin'.

QB ES Contractor 15
MS Win7Pro
907G HD/746G free, QB on virtual Q:\ (123G HD/116G free)

If it's the thought that counts, think money . . .
98% of stress comes from not being allowed to slap those who NEED it . . .
Turn left at the glacier