Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > Welcome and Info > Getting Acquainted - Introductions

Old 05-11-2017, 12:39 PM

Hi There!

Hi There,
My name is Tammy and I'm new to Quick-books Pro 2017. We have a three restaurants and I'm trying to get set up correctly. I'm having a hard time as restaurants seem to be handled different from other business with a customer base. I look forward to any advice that anyone may have!
Thanks,
Tammy
Old 05-11-2017, 01:40 PM

Interested myself to hear how somebody in a similar situation would answer back. Imagine half the battle concerns cash register transaction recording and reconciliation. Hopefully someone uses an interface between the two systems.

One can visualize those cash registers covering food, beverage, tax, tips. The first two would code to revenue categories, while the other two become a liability.

QuickBooks could capably handle the backroom accounting: recording expenses into A/P and payroll, capturing results for a particular period, etc. The more granular you can get with revenues and corresponding costs, the better you can analyze and target financial results. For example, it will help you determine the profitability of meals and beverages.

Unless you're a decent accountant, you might want to bring in a site expert, especially since it sounds like it involves setup or installation. Some real experts frequent this site with great ideas and solutions, but they might say the same thing for a complicated implementation.

Good luck, Tammy!
Old 05-12-2017, 09:32 AM

Welcome, Tammy! I hope you find some answers here in the forum. There are lots of helpful members!
Old 05-24-2017, 08:56 AM

Thank you Froid.
I'm sort of at a loss right now with what to do. It is like learning a different language.
I have done the bank feeds and I'm almost afraid to download more. If I enter daily transactions when I do the bank feed again there will be duplicate. So do I wait and do it at the end of the month or can I do the bank feeds randomly through the month?
I had the bills entered and then deleted them because it wanted you to pay them. When you do that it deducts it out of the checking account then when you do a the bank feed it's again been duplicated.
I'm in hopes that I will figure this out because surely this can't be the best way for this program to work.

Tammy
Old 05-24-2017, 09:39 AM

Hi, Tammy. I recommend you start a thread in the proper forum; you'll get more responses. Undoubtedly, somebody runs a retail establishment with the interface from cash registers. I know QuickBooks has that capability.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:56 AM

Thank you