DocuSend QuickBooks App Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Enterprise Edition Forum

Old 01-10-2017, 12:00 PM

Purchase Order Issue

I have a PO that was received in full, has the closed box checked and shows the green "received in full" message on the screen yet remains on my Open PO report. Is there a way to force this off of the open report as all other matters related to this transactions are closed?

Thanks
Old 01-11-2017, 04:08 AM

The PO is non posting you can delete it and not change any financials

What year are you using? I seem to remember a couple of years ago that was an issue and it was fixed in an update. If you update that might fix it, but if you do not have that stupid required log in presently, the update will install it
Old 01-11-2017, 09:38 AM

Thanks for the reply - I'm using the latest 2017 version of Enterprise and this have been an on-going issue over the past year while no updates have remedied the problem. As far as deleting the PO, that would certainly work but of course leave a hole in your history and audit trail.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Kenton View Post
Thanks for the reply - I'm using the latest 2017 version of Enterprise and this have been an on-going issue over the past year while no updates have remedied the problem. As far as deleting the PO, that would certainly work but of course leave a hole in your history and audit trail.
Depends on how you look at it, a PO is nothing more than a memo of what you ordered - memos are just that, reminders. What counts in an audit is the actual financial transaction, the bill you receive is part of the audit trail and the associated payment is too when you are audited.

Your choice, I do not know of a fix for the issue, I use premier accountant and was not aware that the issue exists in enterprise, sorry
Old 01-12-2017, 09:09 AM

Thanks again for the reply and I understand your perspective however, PO's are much more than memos in organizations that are required to use them within their SOPs and, of course for compliance audits. The workaround here is to just printout the PO to PDF and e-attach it to the invoice then just delete the PO in QB and re-enter it then manually close it.