Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > Premier Nonprofit Edition Forum

Old 04-11-2016, 12:03 PM

Deposit description

We are a small church and have been using QB for a year. Is there a way to print out a break down of donations deposit with totals only i.e. general, special designation, mission, cash only,etc.? I do not want it to show the names of the givers, just totals. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:14 AM

I'm not sure what you are asking

a deposit affects one account, if you have multiple deposits that should post to different bank accounts, you should use make a deposit several times

if you are splitting a deposit between two bank account, you can use the cash back boxes at the bottom to select the second bank and amount

in make deposits, on each line you can select the income account you want that amount posted to.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:29 AM

How are you currently entering the donations?
You could run the Custom Summary report and filter it for just the accounts you want like general, special designation, mission, cash only.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:51 PM

Thank you, I got this figured out. To answer the question of how am I entering donations, I am treating them as sales receipts and then hand write the deposit slips as they are limited to only 18 entries in the program.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:52 PM

I advised a local not-for-profit that was running something like 20 bank accounts to get rid of all but one or two. Instead, use QuickBooks class tool to differentiate among the various programs the not-for-profit was involved in.

One general class of Donations can have multiple subclasses such as Missions, Tithes, Building Funds, and so on, depending upon what you want to show in your reports. Then you would run a profit and loss class report, filtered to show only revenues. In practice, you could filter even further to limit that report only to your bank account transactions.

Last edited by Lorin Browning; 05-02-2016 at 08:00 PM.