DocuSend QuickBooks App Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks UK Forum

Old 03-16-2016, 04:28 AM

Unhappy Trying to find update file for QB2004 Premier

Hello

please don't take the rise, but we are still running a multiple use version of Quickbooks 2004 Premier. We don't use the Payroll module and it is serving us fine.

We've just had to replace one PC and on re-installing QB, I find that the automatic updates have been removed fron the Intuit server.

This leaves us without the ability to install.

UK Support have basically said "tough luck" you should have downloaded the off line update and saved it. That's after they activated the software and gave me a dead link to the update file! Well, we haven't and I'm now stuck without a working copy.

Does anybody here have the manual patch file they can share with me?

Previously available on
http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com...3_updates.html

and the file download link was
http://sharedld.intuit.com/pub/quick...qbwebpatch.exe

help appreciated!

Sooty
Old 03-17-2016, 04:41 AM

The first link open a page with the download button to get the patch, I am not sure what you mean by previously

But, the patch and site is for the US version, you posted in the UK forum and if you are using the UK version, the US patch will not work anyway.

2004 will not run on win10, I doubt it will run on win7 - if you replaced the computer did you also install the old operating system?

If so you could try cloning the HD from a working computer, and installing that cloned HD in the new one.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:50 AM

Hi Rustler

they are the links provided by Intuit UK, so I assumed it was the correct patch. The download link doesn't work anyway, so that doesn't really matter.

Qb2004 Premier UK version works fine on Win7 under compatibility mode. We have one working already.

The second computer, which died and has been replaced, was running Win XP, but has been replaced with Win7. This is where we have the problem.

In QB2004, in the updates section, it either updates direct from the Intuit server, which was working fine upto last year sometime when we installed onto the first Win7 computer. But there is also an option to save the updates to an offline location and update locally. This isn't the default option and I never thought to do it. That would have prevented this problem.

The download for offline updating I believe is a single file, that is what I'm hoping someone will have!

Sooty