Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > Other QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks 3rd Party Software Forum

Old 02-18-2016, 12:26 PM

Problems Connecting Fishbowl To Quickbooks

Hello,

My company has been using Fishbowl for our inventory management system since the beginning of 2016. For the past month and a half that we have been using it we have had a difficult time keeping the connection between Fishbowl and Quickbooks. Every time we went to export to Quickbooks the connection between the two programs would be broken, and we would have to call Fishbowl to help us reconnect the two programs. This caused a delay in invoicing and generating accurate reports since it took so long for Fishbowl to respond to our phone calls (usually around 6 hours if not the next day).

Because we have a remote server that we previously only had access to through our IT company and setting up and reconnecting Fishbowl requires server access, we also had to call our IT company every time we made these calls to Fishbowl. They had to constantly be on call for our Fishbowl problems. We were told many different reasons why Fishbowl wasn’t connecting to QB, but each time we made an adjustment that seemed to fix the problem and went back the next time to export to QB, the connection would be broken and we would have to start all over again. We have been putting calls in with Fishbowl and our IT company at least twice a week trying to resolve this issue and have become increasingly more frustrated.

Finally we seem to have gotten a straight answer. Each time that our server backs itself up the connection between Fishbowl and QB is broken and the only way to fix it is to manually go onto our server as an administrator and restart the Fishbowl server. We back up our server every other hour, so it’s safe to say that this manual restart will have to happen every time we export to QB. In order to keep the process flowing, I have been given administrative rights to the server, a very unorthodox practice in our company that leaves me liable if there are any issues connected to the server.

I wanted to see if anyone else is having the same difficulty and how they are dealing with this process? Is there any way to fix this so that the Fishbowl server does not need to be manually restarted every time our server backs up? Our main frustration is that we were told that Fishbowl integrates with QB, but from what we’ve experienced it takes a lot of effort to make these two communicate with one another and in the process leaves me liable for a system much greater than Fishbowl. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!