Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Online Forum

Old 02-05-2016, 05:24 PM

Exclamation Creating Invoices, Estimates, Sales, P.O.s - Not User Friendly

When creating Invoices, Estimatess, Sales, P.O.s,
QBdesktop version shows both PART NUMBER and DESCRIPTION in the 'item' and 'products/services' dropdown selection boxes when creating Invoices, Purchase Orders, sales and Estimates. Then you can easily scroll down to find the item to select. This has been very user friendly for our primary daily operations.
Not so in QBOnline. ITEM, Product/Services Dropdown selection box shows only PART NUMBERs. We have over 900 items which makes it impossible to select an item by seeing only PART NUMBERs. Also, can't scroll down through the list. Have to click 'Next' after 20 items. This would take all day for several items towards the bottom of the list.

No one can memorize even a much smaller list of part numbers.

DESCRIPTION is absolutely necessary to be shown this ITEM dropdown selection box. Just as it is done in QBDesktop.

Or, alternatively, make the DESCRIPTION box a dropdown selection box with a continuous scroll down feature which would populate the line item details including part number.

If this is not a 'Coming Soon' fix, we must stick with our old 2010Pro DesktopQB, and will have to cancel our newly created QBOnline Plus account. We had such high hopes.

Such a sad thing, because otherwise it would have worked great for our company. Why eliminate this terrific function which made the QBdesktop version so user friendly. Seems like a 'stupid' omission.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:28 AM

QBO is not desktop, not even close. a non partisan comparison of QBO vs QB desktop
http://onsale-apparel.com/Rustler/qbo-or-qbdt

In QBO inventory, you have the item name and the item SKU fields. You can type the first few characters of what you are looking for and it will search based on name OR SKU -= that is the best it gets in QBO

No one here or in the intuit community has any input to what or how they make changes.
gear>Your company>feedback to suggest an improvement or report a bug to the developers
Old 02-06-2016, 06:30 AM

QBO Not User Friendly

Hi Rustler.
The first thing I did was the 'gear>Your company>feedback to suggest an improvement' with this problem, but do not expect any action on it.
This is such an obvious game ender for anyone who has more than a few inventory items or services that it should have been resolved in the early stages of building QBO.
The developers must have had no knowledge of what it takes to operate a business with inventory. Making the system user friendly must not have been a requirement.
I'll stick with QB Desktop unless I find an online version of some other brand to switch to that is user friendly.
Do you know of one?
Thanks for your help.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:33 AM

No I don't know or have experience with any other online accounting programs. To be honest about it I see no reason to be held hostage to the net or the software provider.

There have been 4 times that intuit has changed QBO with no warning to the subscribers. And intuits own words said that they roll out changes so they can see if they work, subscribers are basically beta testers, paying for the privilege IMO.

If you MUST have 24/7 anywhere access to QB, then go with a hosting company and at least you can use the features for QB desktop
Old 02-10-2016, 10:22 AM

Rustler, well said!
Old 01-25-2017, 04:37 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Locksandsafes
Go to my pc

Our solution: use go to my PC. It works like a charm. I don't have to deal with QuickBooks online which is not too hot from what I understand, I have all the features of desktop with all the portability. Works for me !, Jim