Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > Other QuickBooks Forums > Suggestion Box

Old 08-23-2012, 09:40 AM

Suggestion

Although I have been using Quickbooks since 1996, I am new to the forum and I hope I am putting my suggestion in the correct place.
Here is my dilemma: When entering payments from customers (we have well over 2500 customers) many times they will have the same first and last name (Jim Williams, Terry Brown, Lisa Jones as some examples) as well as the same amount due. I usually have to look at the check and then go into the customer section and see which address matches the check. If, when entering the payment on receive payment page, the address also showed up, it would be one less step in finding out the correct customer that the payment belongs to. Maybe this sounds lazy, but it would save me some time.

Thanks for letting me share my two cents!!

~Penny
Old 08-23-2012, 02:52 PM

Change your customer names in QB to help you identify who is who. for example if you have a Lisa Jones that lives in Boston and a Lisa Jones that lives in Dallas, you could change them names in QB to Lisa Jones - Boston and Lisa Jones - Dallas. or whatever identifyer works for you. you control the name that prints on checks and invoices in the customer center so the customer id you assign them does not matter. Make it easier on yourself.

Enrolled Agent
Quickbooks Proadvisor