Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Mac Forum

Old 12-07-2016, 06:54 AM

How to add PayPal in chart of accounts

How can I add PayPal as a bank account without it syncing everything within PayPal?
I am using Quickbooks 2015 for Mac. Some of my customers pay me through my personal PayPal account. I do not want everything within this account syncing to Quickbooks. I also transferred some customer payments from PayPal to my business checking account and Quickbooks added PayPal to my customer list, which does not seem right.

I was told to add PayPal as bank account. How can I do this without Quickbooks syncing my entire PayPal account.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:42 AM

gear>settings> chart of accounts, select New

category type>>>bank
detail type >>> checking
name it paypal upper right
save

It will not link to the net unless you elect to do it
Old 12-08-2016, 07:22 AM

Thank you. So just to be clear Quickbooks will allow me to manually enter each PayPal transaction and then the "bank account" titled PayPal within Quickbooks should show money in it as I enter customer payments correct? Because I have entered about 5 transactions and selected PayPal as the bank but when I look under the chart of accounts it still says $0.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfi View Post
Thank you. So just to be clear Quickbooks will allow me to manually enter each PayPal transaction and then the "bank account" titled PayPal within Quickbooks should show money in it as I enter customer payments correct? Because I have entered about 5 transactions and selected PayPal as the bank but when I look under the chart of accounts it still says $0.
You use an invoice or sales receipt, that usually puts the funds in an account called undeposited funds. Then you use make deposits when you actually take money to the bank, select the bank the money in being deposited in on the make deposits screen.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:29 AM

Occasionally when convenient for the customer I accept an invoice payment through my personal Paypal account, which has my business checking linked to it in addition to my personal account.

Since the money goes into my business checking, I do as Rustler suggested and don't worry about showing Paypal in QB, just show a payment into Undeposited Funds.