Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Online Forum

Old 12-07-2016, 08:49 AM

Pulling info from Quicken into QB Online

Client has been pulling info on his various business accounts into a single Quicken file for about 10 months now.

Met with him a few days ago - he has three business entities. So the data in the Quicken file - if it is to be uploaded - needs to be split three ways.

Question 1 - is there a utility or file format out of Quicken that I can pull the data BY ACCOUNT (checking, credit card, etc.) and upload into QB online?

Question 2 - the client has given me the data in Excel. I believe I can sort it by account, and create Excel files by account. I have a program that will create an IIF file starting with an Excel file. Can I pull that IIF file into QB online? Is there an easier way to approach this, starting with the data in Excel?

Any input is appreciated!
Old 12-08-2016, 04:38 AM

1. No, not that I know of. Quicken in single entry bookkeeping, QB is double entry accounting - there are going to be problems.

2. QBO does not take iif files at all.

Three subscriptions to QBO is going to get expensive, especially if he has inventory. a non partisan comparison of QBO vs QB desktop
http://onsale-apparel.com/Rustler/qbo-or-qbdt

QBO will take a formatted excel sheet as an import for things like accounts, customers vendors, etc etc but that is no data

To import expenses or other transactions into QB Online, you'll need a 3rd party app (unless you're importing bank or credit card activity). Check out Transaction Pro Importer or others at http://apps.com