Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks FAQ

Old 11-09-2015, 09:14 AM

Multi User Access - Windows 2012 Server Essentials

Hello-

Looking for input regarding a QB enterprise configuration where QB Enterprise is hosted on a server running Windows Server Essentials 2012. I am looking to do the following:

Install full version of QB on the server with the QB database manager turned on.

Install QB client on LAN pcs at our office location and share the company file on the server.

Setup Server Essentials Access Anywhere to allow for remote users to login and use the installed version of QB that is installed on the server. In essence they would be using remote desktop to access the application. From what I understand Server Essentials requires no CALs for using the Access Anywhere configuration.

This should allow for quick access for the local users and provide access to our remote users as well.

Are there any flaws in my thinking here? This would seem like a cost effective solution for a small business.

Best,
KF
Old 01-18-2016, 12:46 AM

Great question I suggest you to visit any best QuickBooks hosting provider, so that you can get much accurate answers.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:15 AM

All these things are possible and can easily be done, if you are a server expert. If you not, I would recommend you to take QuickBooks Enterprise Hosting service from Ace Cloud Hosting. These guys are Intuit authorized and will handle all the installation and set-up work as per your requirement.